1989: Dawn of Freedom» Forums » News

Subject: Release Pushed Back to April by GMT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
The short short version: Their normal production coordinator has been out and things have not gone smoothly with whoever is covering for her. As a result, just about everything has been pushed back by 2-4 weeks. 1989 now has an ETA of April and no hint of when charging will take place.

Quote:
Tentative Production Pipeline
Well guys, it's not great news this time on the pipeline front. We do have one game coming earlier than we thought (!!), but most of our games have been delayed, as everything got pushed back a little since our last update. It's nothing to do with the designs or their readiness. Rather, Tony works with an outside production coordinator as he manages our production, and the lady that handles about half of our games is REALLY good. Well, she's been on maternity leave the past few months (the nerve! :-) ) and suffice to say, that coordinating with her replacement has been not nearly as easy as working with her. So, we're sorry for the delays, but they're pretty much across the board this time - and include several that Tony thought would work out that just didn't, production time-wise. The good news is that our "good" production coordinator is coming back to work in a couple weeks, so hopefully things will get back to normal on the scheduling front.

As noted previously, we have a few games (at the bottom of the list below) that are TEMPORARILY off the schedule. That doesn't mean they won't drop back in somewhere in 3Q or beyond, but rather, due to various issues in the final development process, we are unclear as to their "readiness" at this point. We would always rather have a game "right" than "soon," so that's what's going on with these games. As we get a more definitive feel of their status, we will add them back to the schedule. By the way, as you'll note below, one of the games that had been previously pulled from the production schedule, Crown of Roses, now has a July, 2012 release slot.

Here's what the current game release schedule looks like:

Mid-March, 2012:
Bomber Command

April, 2012:
Virgin Queen

May, 2012:
Dominant Species: The Card Game
Dominant Species (New Edition with new art)
Ardennes '44 (New Edition)
Reds (Reprint Edition)

June, 2012:
Next War: Korea
Panzer (Expansions 1 & 2 Printing along with it)
Red Winter

July, 2012:
Bloody April, 1917
Crown of Roses
Andean Abyss
Space Empires: Close Encounters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no fear that our patience will pay off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
I have no fear that our patience will pay off!

I totally agree. At least we have the rule book to read over until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an outstanding order with an online game store for another preordered game that is shipping this month. I was within hours of adding 1989 to that order, but I'm glad I didn't now. I'll save this for a Spring order now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.