Hide
10 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – Khazad-dûm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Abandoned Tools and Boromir rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
orange cox
msg tools
If Boromir has the Abandoned Tools, is there any reason you cant use his abiity to ready to do all 4 progress tokens in one refresh phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do it whenever player actions are allowed. It doesn't have to be in the refresh phase.

There is currently a disagreement on whether the progress tokens would have to be diverted to an active location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Yes Boromir is a hero for the tools. You can finish game in 1 round.
Only be sure there is no active location cose you must to put tokens there first instead of the quest card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Only be sure there is no active location cose you must to put tokens there first instead of the quest card.

I completely agree with you Glaurung but most people in this thread http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/764308/abandoned-tools-q... don't see it that way which is why I said there is a disagreement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
BitJam wrote:
Glaurung2 wrote:

I completely agree with you Glaurung but most people in this thread http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/764308/abandoned-tools-q... don't see it that way which is why I said there is a disagreement.

Yes designers many time already confuse with the game terms. So im pretty sure if there is active location tokes should add there first.But we must to hear official answer in the FAQ anyway....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BitJam wrote:
You can do it whenever player actions are allowed. It doesn't have to be in the refresh phase.

Doesn't refresh-action mean, that you only can use it during refreshphase? - doesn't make much difference for Boromir he only has one combat phase more but for parties without Boromir, unexpexted courage,... it makes one round difference...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keldon Jones
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can only use the Tools during the Refresh phase. Furthermore, the only window for actions in that phase is after all characters are readied, so using the Tools makes your hero exhausted for almost the entire next round.

Don't make the mistake I once did and put the Tools on Dain! He's likely the worst choice (Boromir is of course the best by far).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrkeldon wrote:
Don't make the mistake I once did and put the Tools on Dain! He's likely the worst choice (Boromir is of course the best by far).

Weird, Dain would be my #2 choice, right after Boromir (not counting UC-boosted characters here). 3x Erebor Record Keeper = 3 readies of Dain (or just one Lure of Moria with 1 ERK, exh Dain, exh ERK to ready Dain, exh Dain, Lure both back up, repeat), you can one-turn Dain + Tools almost as surely as Boromir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shrock
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
mrkeldon wrote:
Yes, you can only use the Tools during the Refresh phase. Furthermore, the only window for actions in that phase is after all characters are readied, so using the Tools makes your hero exhausted for almost the entire next turn.

Is this correct? The first sentence certainly is; I was uncertain as to the second sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
Gundo wrote:
mrkeldon wrote:
Yes, you can only use the Tools during the Refresh phase. Furthermore, the only window for actions in that phase is after all characters are readied, so using the Tools makes your hero exhausted for almost the entire next turn.

Is this correct? The first sentence certainly is; I was uncertain as to the second sentence.

End of Combat -> Raise Threat by 1 & Ready all Characters -> Action Window -> End of Round -> Resource Phase -> Planning Phase.

So you can only use "Refresh Actions" after you raise your threat by 1 and ready all characters, which means unless you can ready him by card effects, character who exhausted for Tools will remain exhausted until beginning of Refresh phase of next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.