Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb

I should also note here that serious secrecy violations in the future will have consequences. This goes for everyone.

I won't say what the possibilities for such consequences are (to prevent possible abuse), but it's likely that you won't like them.

I hate to have to take such a hard stance on it, but the secrecy rules are extremely vital to making BSG what it is, and their importance is amplified in the PBF format. Moreover, they are especially important this early in the game (and accordingly, I tend to be more lenient later in the game once the cylons have already revealed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I agree that we must deal with the raiders immediately but I'm worried that an XO to Boomer will not save the civvies. Hear me out. If Boomer has 2 max firepower then I think it's a great plan but if she only has 1 then it's very likely there will be 6-7 raiders still alive after her turn. I doubt she can survive that many attacks. The chance of us losing at least one civvie on our next raider activation is pretty high. We might even lose all of them. Instead, I think it's prudent to send an XO my way and I can move the civilian fleet out of harms way. On Chief's (or my)turn we can XO Boomer back into action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You make a good point, Ellen, I was considering XO for Boomer but she may not be able to handle all that we have going on and I don't want to put that much of the fleet at risk.

I was also thinking that I can move to command to be ready to receive an XO to launch some more defense.

Boomer, do you have a lot of firepower?

Any other thoughts??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I would recommend moving to either Command or Main Batteries. Both locations could see some action soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Though it's likely to land me in Sickbay, I tend to agree with Ellen - I can do some damage to the raider fleet, but not enough to handle all of them and, with a 50/50 shot of raiders activating at the end of this turn, we could lose a lot of population if we don't get those civvies out of there.

I say Main Batteries is the best place to move, then XO Ellen to move those ships. If were lucky, she'll spot an empty one and be able to leave only it to the Cylons.

Then, an XO to Main Batteries (and hopefully one to me so I can get out of Sickbay before my draw), maybe even two, looks like the best plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is a difficult choice. I'll have to go with my gut and go ahead and play 1 - Launch Scout target crisis deck .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

What? No XO for Ellen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

... and you're staying in the Press Room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Hawk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, that green 5 looks a lot more ominous now. This is a major risk if you're human, Admiral. An XO to Ellen would have guaranteed 4 out of the 5 Civilians stay safe. You've got a very low chance of doing better by scouting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, at least we have discovered our first cylon early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb

Risk a raptor: 2 => FAIL

The Admiral is unable to raise the raptor on comms, and it quickly becomes apparent why...

Tactical Strike

Raiders activate:

Raider 1 shoots at Boomer: 8 => CRITICAL
By CO, Boomer plays 1 - Evasive Maneuvers.
Raider 1 shoots at Boomer again: 4 (-2) =>MISS
Raider 2 shoots at Boomer: 7 => HIT
A viper is damaged. Boomer is sent to Sickbay.
Raider 3 destroys Civilian A.
Population decreases by 1 to 10.
Raider 4 destroys Civilian B.
Population decreases by 2 to 8.
Raider 5 destroys Civilian C.
It was a decoy!
Raider 6 destroys Civilian D.
Population decreases by 1 to 7.
Raider 7 destroys Civilian E.
Population decreases by 1 to 6.
Raider 8, Raider 9 & Raider 10 MOVED to Sector 5

Ships deploy:

No basestars to deploy!
No heavy raiders to deploy!
Raider 11 deployed in Sector 6
Raider 12 deployed in Sector 6
Raider 13 deployed in Sector 6
Raider 14 deployed in Sector 6
Raider 15 deployed in Sector 6
Viper 6 deployed in Sector 5
Viper 7 deployed in Sector 5
Civilian I deployed in Sector 3
Civilian J deployed in Sector 4
Civilian K deployed in Sector 5

Hangar Assault: The only remaining viper in the Reserves is damaged.

Game State at the end of Turn 1.5 is:

Tigh, you've gotten a hand update.

Chief is the Current Player, your cards have been sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, at least Adama's easy to Brig :)

Edited to add: "Ahh!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

i dont know if ive ever seen a game go bad quite so quickly before.

Chief, if you XO me I can deal with Adama and move civvie j to safety. You should move to main batteries so i can xo you. that's all i got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Hawk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Admiral, I warned you about this. It's a gods-damned massacre out there, and you could have stopped it. And now we need to clean up your mess.

Move to Communications, discarding 1 - Consolidate Power. Activate Communications, looking at Civilians F and K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Furyn wrote:

i dont know if ive ever seen a game go bad quite so quickly before.

Agreed!

We absolutely must consider an early FTL jump: That should be our priority.

Adama can't do anything directly for four turns, so we have some leeway there---but we have to brig him before we jump so he doesn't choose our Destination.

Furyn wrote:

Chief, if you XO me I can deal with Adama and move civvie j to safety.

Can you move the civvies AND brig Adama off of one XO? If so, yes, I agree, that's Chief's best play from where I'm sitting.

[Turn 1.6: CHIEF] Moving to Hangar Deck to Repair vipers, then XO'ing Ellen to move civvies and brig the Admiral is a possible alternative to moving to Main Batteries---if we adopt my elegant strategy of "get the hell out of here yesterday," we won't need Main Batteries.

[Turn 1.7: ELLEN] If Chief's Crisis card didn't give us a Jump icon, you could move to FTL Control and XO me to the Engine Room for a guaranteed Jump icon on your Crisis Card. That would let Tigh XO you to jump the fleet (and do something else) on his turn. If we do get that needed Jump icon from Chief's Crisis, you can XO me directly from Sickbay to FTL Control and I'll jump the fleet before your Crisis card hits.

Pros to this plan: There are too many ships to deal with, I think... though I'm not that experienced with Pegasus, so you may have a different opinion. Regardless, we stand a decent chance of clearing the board next turn, and certainly the turn after that.
Cons to this plan: There's at least one 50/50 chance of a raider activation from Chief's Crisis card that we can't do anything about. And if that card doesn't have a Jump icon, we have another possible raider activation on Ellen's turn before Tigh can jump the fleet. Finally, even with help, we still risk losing 3 more Population from an early jump.

I still think it's worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Dammit, I gotta plan faster!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

... wait a second. No XO? F and K?

Did we just get totally humped by three Cylon ship crises after setup, a jump computer malfunction, and a double soft reveal?

I wanna rematch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Eunomiac wrote:

... wait a second. No XO? F and K?

I have no idea what is happening right now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

well, at least the wait between games is short! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Hawk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Move both to Sector 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb

Eunomiac wrote:
I wanna rematch!

If a game ends unexpectedly quickly, I will run a rematch. Would be sad to have people play a dozen turns and then have to get tossed back on the waiting list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasperhawk wrote:

Move both to Sector 4.

To answer the question in my last post: Yes, yes we did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
Magic Judge
mbmbmbmbmb

That jump computer is still on the fritz, but there might be a way to get out of here quickly...

Network Computers - 11YPB

Chief, should the computers be rigged up for faster jump calculations, or can the fleet handle a minor setback?

(I'm sorry guys.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Hawk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Would you look at that? It looks like someone dropped a wrench in the FTL Computer. I wonder how that got there.

Take the OR. -1 Population, -1 Jump Prep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cal2cool4u wrote:

I have no idea what is happening right now...

You've probably figured it out, but just in case: Adama and Chief are evil Cylons, and are shrewdly, mercilessly prospering from a very unfortunate sequence of Crisis cards that loaded the board with raiders and civvies, sucker-punched our FTL computer, and introduced half of humanity to the inhospitable vacuum of outer space.

(I'm just glad Boomer's already a Cylon... maybe they'll still have her back?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.