mbmbmbmbmb

REMATCH wrote:

"Same characters" or "New characters":

Chief -
Ellen - I abstain.
Tigh -
Boomer - NEW Characters
Adama - Same Characters

I don't mind new characters or not. If we do go new, I'll be putting in the same preference list. What I'd like is to be Cally, so I can off someone on turn 1. If our current game is any indication I'd have a pretty good chance of taking out a cylon right off the bat! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Could I prevail upon you for a vote for new characters? Come on, take pity on the poor guy who had to choose between Dee and, blech, pilots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Hawk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Eunomiac wrote:

I am such an idiot.

I left that Crisis on top, knowing it would kill us if it were drawn, because I hoped both Cylons would think it wasn't a raider activation and choose to reveal instead of getting a Crisis on their turn. (The alternative was a 1-in-4 shot of not getting at least one raider activation.)

Unfortunately, I never even considered the obvious point that, if Chief revealed during Adama's turn, Adama would still get his Crisis card. Since I knew full well Adama was going to XO Chief... well, see above re: idiot.

I'm just glad I didn't screw up a game we had a chance at winning

Speaking of... (sends character COs)

It didn't really matter. I knew as soon as your turn started that all I needed to do was move the Civilians to the appropriate Sectors, then Reveal and force an Activation from the Cylon Fleet. If you had Brigged me, it might have made the difference (as Adama couldn't have moved the Civilians and XO'd me to Reveal in the same turn), but it probably would have just postponed the inevitable. I would have been seriously impressed if you guys had managed a second Jump, though.

CyMod, what Super would I have gotten? Rooting for Massive Assault just for hilarity. And since I don't want to hunt up the token, New Characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasperhawk wrote:

CyMod, what Super would I have gotten? Rooting for Massive Assault just for hilarity.

Bomb on Colonial One. I was really hoping you'd manage to win by something other than population somehow. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Jasperhawk wrote:

It didn't really matter. I knew as soon as your turn started that all I needed to do was move the Civilians to the appropriate Sectors, then Reveal and force an Activation from the Cylon Fleet. If you had Brigged me, it might have made the difference (as Adama couldn't have moved the Civilians and XO'd me to Reveal in the same turn), but it probably would have just postponed the inevitable. I would have been seriously impressed if you guys had managed a second Jump, though.

Believe it or not, I considered that, but my mistake — not accounting for out-of-turn reveals off of XO's — made me think I had that covered too.

In my head (where tech support has yet to return my calls), each of you had to choose between revealing (and ending your turns without doing anything else, including activating Cylon Fleet), or staying "human" (and relying on your own Crisis draws to activate those raiders). By leaving that Crisis card on top, I hoped you'd think the first of your two Crises wouldn't be helpful and decide that revealing was the better option, perhaps getting us back around to Ellen's turn where she could XO me into scouting away that Cylon Attack.

Of course, this is feasible only in a fantasy land where XO's took a siesta during your turns, then came back refreshed and ready on Ellen's. I honestly have no idea where my brain went. I mean, it was a fairly well-thought out plan to have missed such basic stuff

I was actually baffled when the game ended. I even sent a "WTF?! Cylons don't draw Crises after they reveal!!" message to CyMod before he gently explained to me why I was an idiot (not that he used those words, of course ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If we're restarting we should probably get a new thread going so as not to confuse any lurkers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Furyn wrote:

If we're restarting we should probably get a new thread going so as not to confuse any lurkers.

Yep. I'll be opening a new thread as soon as Tigh weighs in on whether he would like new characters or the same characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind choosing new characters/new order either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
REMATCH wrote:

"Same characters" or "New characters":

Chief -
Ellen - I abstain.
Tigh - NEW Characters
Boomer - NEW Characters
Adama - Same Characters

I'd like to switch up characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Roscioli
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The people have spoken. We will have a new player order and select new characters.

BSG 253: Already Been Broughten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like some sort of congratulations is in order. At 10 turns, this is easily the shortest game on BGG so far. Second place is game 26, in which Centurions commandeered Galactica in turn 19.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Billy, does this mean that you're working on another PBF BSG Game stats update? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billytea wrote:
I feel like some sort of congratulations is in order. At 10 turns, this is easily the shortest game on BGG so far. Second place is game 26, in which Centurions commandeered Galactica in turn 19.

Just to clarify: There have been 252 games of BSG on these forums, and the second-shortest lasted almost twice as long as ours?

That. Is. AWESOME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Furyn wrote:
Hey Billy, does this mean that you're working on another PBF BSG Game stats update? devil

Well now, let's not go overboard.

I'd like to put one up in the next few weeks, but that's dependent on finding some time. We'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurker

This is crazy. If this happened in a face to face game, it would have lasted like, thirty minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More like 15! Wow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
More like 15! Wow.

I was also counting setup and takedown time, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That would actually take longer than the game itself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Lurker

This is crazy. If this happened in a face to face game, it would have lasted like, thirty minutes.

Another Lurker

Damn...what a quick game! But yeah, if this were a face to face I'd definitely offer a rematch as the mod is doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow by my calculations from the first board image to the last, this entire game took 5 days, 12 hours, and 6 minutes.

The current turn in a game I'm currently in is at 6 days, 52 minutes and counting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If you like Achievements as much as I do, note these down somewhere, as well as the game you earned them in -- maybe someday someone will make an official record! (I also included any character-specific achievements you almost won, because they're fun.)

Also, if someone has a more updated list than the one in the PBF OpenOffice Moderator Spreadsheet, let me know!

CHIEF (Jasperhawk)
"By Your Command" - As a Cylon: Reveal on an Executive Order.
"Fear of Change" - As a Revealed Cylon: Never pick a skill card from outside your human skill set.
"Crisis? What Crisis?" - As a Revealed Cylon: Win the game never having activated the "Caprica" location.
Cylon Team: "Extinction" - Win the game by reducing Population to zero.
Cylon Team: "No Mercy!" - Win the game in 20 turns or less.
Cylon Team: "You're Goin' Nowhere!" - Win the game before the Sleeper Phase.

ELLEN (Furyn)
"Live Vicariously" - As a human: The only action ever taken on your turn was to Executive Order another player.

TIGH (cal2cool4u)
(almost) "Clean, Sober & At Peace" - As TIGH: Never lose cards due to Alcoholism, or use the Cylon Hatred ability.

BOOMER (Eunomiac)
"Black Out" - As BOOMER: Draw the "Water Sabotaged" or "Missing G4 Explosives" Crisis on your turn.

ADAMA (Cadane)
"Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" - As a Cylon: Win the game without Revealing.
Cylon Team: "Extinction" - Win the game by reducing Population to zero.
Cylon Team: "No Mercy!" - Win the game in 20 turns or less.
Cylon Team: "You're Goin' Nowhere!" - Win the game before the Sleeper Phase.
(almost) "It's All Mine!" - As ADAMA: Use Command Authority to grab at least three value-5 cards. (You grabbed two.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.