Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Evanson
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we played a few 9 player games of this last night. It was our first time trying it out so we didn't use the plot cards. In the first 2 games I was a resistance member and the spies won fairly easily both times. In the 3rd game I was a spy and I knew I would be discovered early because my group knows my tells. So I decided to take a chance and told everyone before the first mission that I was a spy. No sneaking around, no lying. I was going to do everything I could to fail the missions and I wanted them to KNOW it.

Obviously, they never chose to send me on a mission, but I used the votes to throw them off. I would reject some missions that had spies on them and loudly approve of some missions that had no spies on them. I was able to throw so much misinformation around that the group had no idea who the other 2 spies were. The best part was when I was leader and put together a team of 4 resistance members and 1 spy that they rejected immediately (as they should when a spy is leader). Then they thought maybe I put together a group of all resistance members to throw them off and the next leader (a spy) was convinced by the resistance to put together the SAME team I chose.

Spies won 3-1, even with the resistance KNOWING one spy from the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian the Plathomas
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I too always get nailed (even when I'm not a spy, actually) so what I like to do is start spreading the misinformation early, so that when they find me out, they consider those earlier moves to be better information, because I wasn't hiding... even though it is probably worse.

Honestly, though, I think you underestimate the amount of uncertainty that others are going to have in this game. The other players really don't know. They can't know. And they can't read tells nearly as well as you think they can, especially in early games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Opal Hint

Guam
msg tools
Quote:
Spies won 3-1, even with the resistance KNOWING one spy from the start.

My kind of company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.