Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Are 2 wizards who are diagonally in adjacent squares from each other but with a column between them considered adjacent?

Adjacency seems to require LOS and columns block LOS.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered about that line as well. Are there any diagonally adjacent squares that don't have a column blocking them in this way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a wall is destroyed. A column that is not connected to any wall is destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
Are 2 wizards who are diagonally in adjacent squares from each other but with a column between them considered adjacent?

Thanks

FYI. Diagonal squares are never adjacent in WizWar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
Ronaldo wrote:

Thanks

FYI. Diagonal squares are never adjacent in WizWar.

How would you explain the following quote from the rules?

"Adjacent: The wizard may play this card only on a target that is in the same square as himself or an adjacent square (even diagonally adjacent). The target must also be within the wizard's line of sight"

Emphasis mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
If a wall is destroyed. A column that is not connected to any wall is destroyed.

Ah yes, I see. I'm not sure I ever saw that bit anywhere in the rules or on the destroy wall card. Certainly had me scratching my head and looking at the boards over and over for a case where this wasn't the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Ronaldo wrote:

Ah yes, I see. I'm not sure I ever saw that bit anywhere in the rules or on the destroy wall card. Certainly had me scratching my head and looking at the boards over and over for a case where this wasn't the case.

Page 13

If a door or wall is destroyed, place a destroyed wall marker on that door or wall to indicate that it has been destroyed. If a door or wall is destroyed leaving a column not connected to any door or wall, then that column is destroyed as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jolly
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is, unfortunately, a rules-editing error on my part. Diagonal is NEVER adjacent. This will be in the FFG FAQ on the next rev (very soon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavetroll wrote:
This is, unfortunately, a rules-editing error on my part. Diagonal is NEVER adjacent. This will be in the FFG FAQ on the next rev (very soon).

Thanks for fixing it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.