Gunship: First Strike!» Forums » General

Subject: ideas for KS goals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chasseur d'Ours
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hello, juste an idea for another goal, personnaly I dont think that the D12 for cruiser shields and hull is very thematic.

tokens or cards will be better and more easy to depleted, a twelwe dice is very instable and roll easily.

sorry for my english, I'm french .....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Harmon
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
The ultimate in Co-op Gaming.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was kind of thinking the same thing but thought it was just me and didnt want to be "that guy" Thanks for saying something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chasseur d'Ours
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i'm always "that guy" but it's only a personal suggestion and preference.

i love track points, i'm an euro gamer, sorry !! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Pardo
Spain
Madrid
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think they were looking for a countdown dice. IMHO I think that the D12 is fine, dont know if using cards or counters would change the producing costs.

About the minis, was wondering their use. Will the plastic fighters replace the fighter tokens on the fighter board? think that the fighter counter although less cool makes easier to account the number of dice to roll. If the tokens will be still used (like replacing the fighter mini with the fighter token) then dont really see the point in adding the fighter minis, better use the money in adding other stuff that really improves the game rather than adding aesthetic stuff.

Unless Steve have in mind a tactical game where fighters will be used
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was a choice between 12 fiddly counters and a 12 sided die, I'd almost rather have a die. And its not a game with a ton of numbers to remember, if someone messes up the die, it shouldn't be too hard to remember what they had.

Then again, I have extra 12 sided dice if I need them.

I guess I don't care too much either way, as long as it looks decent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Quality Print on Demand Games & Prototypes
badge
mbmbmb
I'm a "12 counters" man myself. A d6 is fine for counting, but if the game uses dice, and you need anything higher than a d6 to track something, using something other than a tracker or pile of counters seems a bit "cheap" to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chasseur d'Ours
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cheap shake!! plastic dice are cheap !!

but a nice artwork will be so cool, put one by one hit on your Cruiser, yes it's fine and really thematic

but just search and turn a D12 to find the number cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic mock-up!
This looks really close to the existing way the game tracks the fighters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alywin Fruge
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Harrycover wrote:
Cheap shake!! plastic dice are cheap !!

but a nice artwork will be so cool, put one by one hit on your Cruiser, yes it's fine and really thematic

but just search and turn a D12 to find the number cry

I can't thank you enough for throwing this mock-up together! Above all, I respect the designer's vision and his knowledge of how the current d12 might play he game's futre...but for a game that immerses you in so much in the exploits of one gunship amidst a larger battle I seeing tokens used to track the carriers' shields/hull as a much better match for the level of what I'm calling "useful chrome" you see integrated into the rest of the game.

That said, budgetary constraints are ever an iseue, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with the D12 as it acts like a count-down which is perfect use of a die.

I'd rather see money/effort put towards additional content or making the cardboard components better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Laguna Niguel
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Agreed, I'm not a huge fan of lots of counters. A 12 sider seems more efficient to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had maybe ONE incident of the damage die being moved accidentally, etc. in all of our playtesting. The sides of the d12 are nice and flat/stable.

However, I DO like what he did with that and it has been filed away in the old brain for later consideration!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chasseur d'Ours
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice and thank you Steve for your answer and the way you manage your project and international backers !

so, it's a free idea I'm not WotC whistle

Perhaps I'll make my own custom cruiser board and using fighter tokens (used for 3&4 players) if D12 resist !!

1d12 = (7) = 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 108768. Harrycover
  • 1d12 =
  • (7) =
  • Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 pm
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.