Tim Johnson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Hoarders: BGG Edition
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to my little neighbor, I just discovered that I have seen the kids playing a game with these horses before at a neighborhood party...

The game would be the horse-collection game Horse Sense (no, not that one, the other one...)

Crummy picture of Horse Sense horsies

Thanks to everyone for their help!

axarca wrote:
I recently thrifted a game (which has not a thing to do with racing, horse or otherwise) at the local Goodwill.

The unrelated horse pawns in the picture were in the same box...

I am trying to figure out to which other game they might belong.

They do look very similar to the horse pawns in Long Shot, but they are solid colored (instead of horsey colors)...

I am actually thinking of using these in my Win, Place & Show game...

Help me identify and you will get FIVE SWEET GG!

...and GO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Septyn
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
Dereferenced variable scope line 68109: check null set failed (0xff83de47)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Help identify these horse pawns for 5GG - Thanks!
The horse and rider part is almost exactly the same as those in "They're Off" Horse Race Game, but the base is more stable and modern (also apparently plastic and not metal. The tails also trail behind the horses in your version.

Based on that I'd say you're looking at a Parker Brothers game, since they reused pieces, designs, and molds all over the place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Septyn wrote:
Based on that I'd say you're looking at a Parker Brothers game, since they reused pieces, designs, and molds all over the place.

I think we're looking at two different molds. In the O.P.'s image, the riders are standing in the stirrups, and in the Parker Brothers image they are firmly in the saddle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a few sites that do these pieces-
http://www.gameparts.net/horse_rider.htm so it may be tricky to track them down to one particular game.

Saying that, might be the ones from Steeplechase

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kali Fitzgerald
United States
Black Earth
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They may not be from a game. I found very similar ones from this novelty company. http://www.funcarnival.com/store/cauh1144.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I have that GAME to which these belonged to, although I can't locate it just as of yet to provide its actual NAME. At the time I purchased mine from a local "Thrift Store", then there was another 'Auto Race' kind also, and these both were packaged in the very same demeanor, that is, with some small, clear, plastic containers that are 'triangular'-shaped to enclose their components within them. They appeared as being the sort you'd find within some $1-store assortment, so perhaps look at theirs the next time you get the chance on this matter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toc13 wrote:
Saying that, might be the ones from Steeplechase

The only image of the figures in Steeplechase is low res, so hard to see how well they match, but it's clear there are only four of them (no black or white). The game description says 2-4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Septyn
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
Dereferenced variable scope line 68109: check null set failed (0xff83de47)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Septyn wrote:

I think we're looking at two different molds. In the O.P.'s image, the riders are standing in the stirrups, and in the Parker Brothers image they are firmly in the saddle.

Could be. I based my guess on a less crappy picture of the PB pieces. In that, the jockies seem to be standing and leaning forward. They also were in the same six colors (and not in the silver in the pic I linked) for an extra bit of similarity. I didn't post my pic because I snagged it from a site that I no longer remember, so I can't get permission to post it.

Axarca, did you award yourself the 5 GG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Johnson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Hoarders: BGG Edition
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Septyn wrote:
Axarca, did you award yourself the 5 GG?

I tried to, but I refused...on account of the kid next door helped me cheat... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.