Subject: Armor and Blocking quick wounds question. s rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Sutterlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Need a quick clarification 2 if you don't mind responding to both:

1st) When blocking do you use your current levels armor value? The way I see it at level one you have an armor value of 2 so you add that + x cards block to block an attack. I am assuming this because reputation gets a value for influence.

2nd) When taking wounds the way we do it and again I will use armor value 2 and my mage knight as the reference point. So a monster attacks and does six damage:

1st I take 6 wound cards then I negate 2 of them against my armor and add one wound to my hand. Then I do this again taking 2 wounds against my armor and adding a second wound to my hand.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hello, what is your name?
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is quite incorrect.
1)For a block, you either block all of an attack, or nothing. If you do not play enough block points to reach the attack number, then it is as if you played nothing at all (and of course, inefficient blocks are halved).
2)You get a wound for the number of times your armour value goes into the attack, taking additional wounds if rounding becomes an issue. So in your example, there was an attack 6 and armour 2, and because 2 goes into 6 three times, you take three wounds (if it had been attack 5, you would still take 3 wounds).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
propagandawarmachine wrote:
1st) When blocking do you use your current levels armor value? The way I see it at level one you have an armor value of 2 so you add that + x cards block to block an attack. I am assuming this because reputation gets a value for influence.

Your armor value has *nothing* to do with blocking.

At this point, I would highly suggest another trip through the walkthrough, step-by-step. There are likely many errors that you'll clean up by doing so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sutterlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks guys. This is our first real playthrough and the section in these forums on fighting felt all ocer the place. One thing i dont understand is without adding your armor value to blocking it doesnt feel like youll ever really have enough cards block and battle. Im typing on an ipod so i apologize for bad spelling,grammer excetera.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
propagandawarmachine wrote:
Thanks guys. This is our first real playthrough and the section in these forums on fighting felt all ocer the place.

Are you using the forums to learn the game or are you reading the rules? Because the rules spell out basic combat pretty clearly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sutterlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Both actually in fact truth be told i think reading combat in the forums is what made me feel like i was doing it wrong in the first place. Do started turning somthing somple into a comPlex problem. This helped s lot thanks again guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sutterlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
This is where the text confuses me when assigning damage it states: If the enemy does five damage and a you appoint a unit with 4 armor to take damage, it gets wounded, and there is still one point of damage left.

I understand that it's an automatic one point of damage to a unit. However the way this reads is there is actually 6 points instead of 5. 1+4+1. It's stated in the game walkthrough page 11 starting on paragraph 8 in the assign damage phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You take a wound card to signify that you are using your armor (or a unit's) to reduce the damage. Then you do the math. Then you check to see if any damage remains.

The wound card by itself does not reduce any damage. It's simply a counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sutterlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Gotcha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you want the forum to help you learn the game, also take a look at the play by forum games and try to recreate them, to see how things were solved there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.