United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me if you want to play wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
ealdrich wrote:
Circus Maximus and Gladiator are both originally Battleline as is Objective Atlanta (1977 -- not sure this ever got republished by Avalon Hill except maybe a repackaging of existing components)

Nice list.

Actually, Battleline's Circus Maximus was both AH's Circus Maximus and Gladiator in a single package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Viki3m wrote:
AVALON HILL
- Beat Inflation Strategy Game, The (I have the game, but I cannot find any code)

Same here. No code, neither in the box, nor in the rules soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Objective Atlanta was never published by Avalon Hill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a collector and I have this missing code for you.

AVALON HILL

- Classic Statis Pro Baseball 9244

Looking at your PDF list, thank God I am not anal retentive and have to buy games like Drinkers Wild & Oh-Wah-Ree to make my life complete... Now... where to buy a copy of the Longest Day....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfink wrote:
I am a collector and I have this missing code for you.

AVALON HILL

- Classic Statis Pro Baseball 9244

Looking at your PDF list, thank God I am not anal retentive and have to buy games like Drinkers Wild & Oh-Wah-Ree to make my life complete... Now... where to buy a copy of the Longest Day....

Fortunately, found Oh-Wah-Ree at a yard sale for $1.00
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I found Pennant Race (2nd edition) unpunched for 10 euros, not bad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lamont Kahn
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ran onto a game called The Collector; but it's not listed anywhere in the BGG database.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DillonBlake wrote:
I just ran onto a game called The Collector; but it's not listed anywhere in the BGG database.

Hi, The Collector is also know as High Bid, the Svalon Hill code is GA-290.

We are still working on the list, and it will contains the "alternative" names of some games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DillonBlake wrote:

The Collector was Avalon Hill's FIRST renaming of High-Bid.

They later re-issued it as Auction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I just found them:

I suppose that they are the AH Trading Cards...

Do you have more info about them? Number of cards, year of publishing etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They're a set of (IIRC) 10 promo cards that were passed out at the major game conventions in the US in the mid-90's. There were no other editions printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Lorenz
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Management #506, 1960
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, the List is ready (and many thanks to JL!)!

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7lCBVKyG0vIVnlid1dMaklMdVE/...

Please drop me a GeekMail if you want the Word file by e-mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Viki3m wrote:
Hi, the List is ready (and many thanks to JL!)!

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7lCBVKyG0vIVnlid1dMaklMdVE/...

Please drop me a GeekMail if you want the Word file by e-mail.

Roberto, I get "document not found" while following your link ... soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, here is correct link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7lCBVKyG0vIVnlid1dMaklMdVE

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Viki3m wrote:

Thanks Roberto!

This is fantastic! I just downloaded the file. Great work!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avalon Hill
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am considering creating a 'avalon hill game collectors forum' of some kind...I have over 300 board games of all makes and models. Paid nearly $500 for one back in the late 80's at an LA gaming convention. Most in excellent to mint condition. Tactics II was the first game our father, a WWII veteran, introduced my older brother and me to back in 1959 or so...much improved from the Tactics I, of which I have a copy in only 'good' condition. Loved Africa Korps for some reason, too. The simple gaming systems encouraged anyone to play. But there was more to it than just rolling the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactics2Tom wrote:
I am considering creating a 'avalon hill game collectors forum' of some kind...

Well, the best way to do that would be to create a new Guild here on BGG. I'd surely subscribe to it meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super project, Roberto. Thank you. Here are two other sources for your comparison.

http://users.rcn.com/dwfiv/games/avalonhillgames.html

http://grognard.com/info/ah.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wandererdog wrote:
Super project, Roberto. Thank you. Here are two other sources for your comparison.

http://users.rcn.com/dwfiv/games/avalonhillgames.html

http://grognard.com/info/ah.html

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tac Air was revised from FEBA (Close Simulations).
Flight Leader was revised from Check Six! (Close Simulations).

I'm not sure if you want to make note. For example, Air Force was revised from Battleline's product of the same name (you made note for the Battleline games.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberto, do you intend to have different line entries for different editions of the same game?

For example, you already have 2 entries for Acquire--the flat box entry and a bookcase game entry. But are you aware that there are TWO different bookcase editions of Acquire? The only difference is the box; the original, blue box with the 3M artwork, and the later, gray box with a large photo of a high-rise hotel entrance.

Several other games had box art changes, such as Rail Baron, Civilization, Bowl Bound and the Statis-Pro games. And that doesn't include the games which also had slipcased editions produced.

ERRATA

Class Struggle - Originally published by Class Struggle, Inc.
New World - Originally published by AH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Roberto, do you intend to have different line entries for different editions of the same game?

For example, you already have 2 entries for Acquire--the flat box entry and a bookcase game entry. But are you aware that there are TWO different bookcase editions of Acquire? The only difference is the box; the original, blue box with the 3M artwork, and the later, gray box with a large photo of a high-rise hotel entrance.

Several other games had box art changes, such as Rail Baron, Civilization, Bowl Bound and the Statis-Pro games. And that doesn't include the games which also had slipcased editions produced.

ERRATA

Class Struggle - Originally published by Class Struggle, Inc.
New World - Originally published by AH

Yes, I'm trying to do the most complete list as possible for collectors. The Acquire example is perfect! Please continue to send erratas and additions, and then when I'll have some time I'll update the list.

In the meantime, I'm also working to the Avalon Hill Microcomputer Games list. Stay tuned!

Thanks
Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberto,
For the "non-games, expansions" section, you could add:
--Para-Leader
--Pacific Origins
--War at Sea 2
--Victory at Sea
--Gunslinger “Animal Counters” (Insert, Variant Counters in General 19:3)

Also Witchcraft Ritual Kit isn't a game. Perhaps move to the "non-games, expansions" section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wandererdog wrote:
Also Witchcraft Ritual Kit isn't a game. Perhaps move to the "non-games, expansions" section?

However, it is not an expansion or supplement to any other item. It is its own, stand-alone product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.