Hide
7 Posts

Dungeon Run» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification of some rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Some Guy
msg tools
I have a few questions about some rules that I find ambiguous for the board game Dungeon Run.

Firstly, when roaming monsters, the rulebook specifies that monsters must roam if able, but cannot roam to a room already containing a monster. Now, let's say that there is a monster that only has one empty adjacent room, and so must roam there. What would happen if another monster were also able to roam into that room among many rooms. Could I choose (if I am the player roaming them) to move the monster with many options into the only room the first monster can enter in order to prevent that monster from roaming, or am I forced to always roam the maximum number of monsters possible? (in which case I would be prevented from moving the monster with many options into a room that is indeed eligible for roaming, simply because it then would then make the other monster ineligible for roaming)

My next question is regarding clarification of Stabbins the goblin's ability, "Dirty". When exactly can this be used specifically? It says "once per action" but also mentions an "attack". Can this be used when also using the "Burgle" ability to attack to steal instead of to damage? And can it be used when attacking AND being attacked by another hero? And the rulebook states that during the endgame, a hero MUST block if possible to prevent his own death. Does this mean that Stabbins MUST change the number on dice to one that can block in order to block hits to prevent his own death, or can he simply make the die into whatever number he likes and then block with the numbers that are able to block based on the numbers as they are THEN?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
living overseas
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are NOT required to move the maximum amount of monsters. Pinning monsters is part of the strategy. For example, you can roam monsters into certain rooms that are impossible to roam out of.

I don't understand your Stabbins' question. Why would you want to kill yourself? Each action he can do it, so it's extra hard to kill him as he can naturally defend one hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
Yes but I ended up in a position with stabbins where I would lose the game no matter what, but I could change the dice to kill the other (final) player at the same time, making it into a tie rather than a loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Olivier Brosseau
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In hero vs hero combat, it says that any roll of 4 and higher can be allocated as blocks instead of hits. You don't need to match the opponent dice to block a hit.

This rule was made to prevent that two heroes die in a fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer the question, Dirty takes place before you assign blocks, so you can change it into anything you want. Of course, as someone else already pointed out, you have to assign all hits as blocks in hero-vs-hero fights during the end game, so it would not be to your benefit to do this. There is no way you could both die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Done

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
In regards to Stabbins.

Bokujitsu wrote:
When exactly can [dirty] be used specifically? It says "once per action" but also mentions an "attack".

I'm pretty sure this simply means it can be used once per Battle Action, as in any time you attack or are attacked.

Bokujitsu wrote:
Can this be used when also using the "Burgle" ability to attack to steal instead of to damage?

I would have to check the specific text to be sure, but I believe Burgle mentions something like "instead of attacking" which would mean Dirty cannot be applied (indeed, if I recall correctly being able to apply Dirty would negate any need to ever roll for Burgle).

Bokujitsu wrote:
And can it be used when attacking AND being attacked by another hero?

Yes. I think so.

Bokujitsu wrote:
And the rulebook states that during the endgame, a hero MUST block if possible to prevent his own death. Does this mean that Stabbins MUST change the number on dice to one that can block in order to block hits to prevent his own death, or can he simply make the die into whatever number he likes and then block with the numbers that are able to block based on the numbers as they are THEN?

You are never REQUIRED to use an ability so far as I know. Dirty is intended to allow you to manipulate a die as you see fit, and that's what it does. So, if you set it to a number that cannot be used to block (given there are any) it won't be used to block and will be a hit. If you set it to a number that CAN be used to block and you will die if you don't block it, THEN you are required to spend it blocking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Done

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
Akfula wrote:
In hero vs hero combat, it says that any roll of 4 and higher can be allocated as blocks instead of hits. You don't need to match the opponent dice to block a hit.

This rule was made to prevent that two heroes die in a fight.

I believe you are mistaken here.

The rulebook says "...[T]he hero who was attacked sets aside all his rolls of 4 or higher as potential hits. The attacking hero then does the same, but he may also choose to allocate his rolls of 4 or higher as blocks instead of hits."

It says nothing about not needing to match hits, so presumably you are still required to do so in order to block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.