Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: No! They've done it this time: Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter [YT] film rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Coase wrote:
The book is decent.

Movie looks good, but Burton has been very iffy lately, so we'll see. Probably the only movie this summer we'll actually go to see in the theater.

The book has a great concept but unfortunately the author's writing talent wasn't as good as his concept. What makes the book interesting however is how the author ties in a lot of Lincoln's real personal history with the vampire tale. You strip out the vampires and you are actually left with a good short Lincoln biography. I'm definitely going to see the film.

Not sure what you mean by Burton being iffy lately. He has been rather inactive in recent years. Since 2005 he's directed only 2 films. Alice in Wonderland and Sweeney Todd. Mind you you're likely thinking of Sweeney Todd which was pretty bad. Johnny Depp was a big mistake to cast as Todd. I was a huge fan of the Broadway musical and was really surprised at just how bad Depp was for that. If you only direct 2 films in 7 years a movie that bad shouldn't be one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Majestic Tale of) An Idiot With a Box
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'll just put this over here with the rest of the fire.
badge
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Coase wrote:
The book is decent.

Movie looks good, but Burton has been very iffy lately, so we'll see. Probably the only movie this summer we'll actually go to see in the theater.

The book has a great concept but unfortunately the author's writing talent wasn't as good as his concept. What makes the book interesting however is how the author ties in a lot of Lincoln's real personal history with the vampire tale. You strip out the vampires and you are actually left with a good short Lincoln biography. I'm definitely going to see the film.

Not sure what you mean by Burton being iffy lately. He has been rather inactive in recent years. Since 2005 he's directed only 2 films. Alice in Wonderland and Sweeney Todd. Mind you you're likely thinking of Sweeney Todd which was pretty bad. Johnny Depp was a big mistake to cast as Todd. I was a huge fan of the Broadway musical and was really surprised at just how bad Depp was for that. If you only direct 2 films in 7 years a movie that bad shouldn't be one of them.
But... I enjoyed Sweeney Todd. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Didn't I see a "fan trailer" of this on YouTube a couple years ago? I thought that's what this thread was about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
They did a trailer of sorts for the book a few years back. It had nothing to do with the film.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.