$10.00
J. P. Neumann
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
New Strategy Cards (Assembly, Bureaucracy, Civilisation, Political, Warfare)

I know there are already a lot of variant Strategy Cards but I choose to make my own ones. I will write the Strategy Card text, an explanation and thoughts to every Card. If there are spelling or grammatical mistakes or you have Ideas to improve the Cards, please write a comment or message:

Warfare III
Primary Ability: Mercanry fair
Each player pays one Trade good for each of his Mercenaries or discards it. Add one Command Counter from your reinforcement to your Fleet Suply. Then each player (including you) may execute the Secondary Ability of this Strategy Card. Draw Mercenaries equal to the number of reserved +1. Distribute 1 to every player who reserved 1. Players may offer you Trade Goods and Promissory Notes (binding).
Secondary Ability: Mercenaries
Spend 1 Command Counter from and your Strategy Allocation area and 3 Trade Goods to reserve a Mercenary

Explanation:
This Strategy Card is the new Mercanry Card, so it can't be used with Trade III. When resolving it, each player has to pay a trade Good for each his his Mercanries, or to discard it, first. Then the active player recieves a Command Counter from his Reinforcement to his Fleet Suply. Then everybody can execute the secondary abilty to reserve a Mercanry for 1 CC from the Strategy Allocation and 3 Trade Goods. Finally the active player draws public Mercenaries equal to the number of reserved Mercenaries +1 and distributes them to the players who reserved a Mercenary and retains the rest, so the active player gets one free Mercenary. Player may offer the active player Trade Goods and Promissory Notes to convince him to get the Mercenary he wants. The active player may coose if he accept the deal or not, but if he accept a Promissory Note, it is binding.

Thoughts:
I did not play with the Trade III Strategy card, but don't like the idea of it, because it breaks the idea of Trade and makes Mercenaries rare.In my opinion The Warfare Strategy Card is ideal Card for Mercenaries, because you hire them, if you are prepairing for war. Furthermore I think Warfare I is too strong and Secondaries of the Warfare Cards are too weak (I rarely see someone using them). While creating this Card, I thought that there might be a problem of running out of Mercenaries, especially in 8 player Games, but I think this will probably not happen, bacause they become to expensive, if you have a lot of them and some races won't be able to afford the trade goods to pay just one Mercenary. When playing with the Original Strategy Cards, you might have the problem of running out of Command Counters, too (because you need them to get you Trade Goods). With this Strategy Card in play the Transfabrication Technology and the opportunity of breaking trade Agreements become more important.

Political III
Primary Ability: Summon the Councilors
Draw 3 Action Cards. Then draw the top 4 Political Cards and choose 2 to resolve as follows:
1) Choose Representives
2) Resolve Spies in Order of Play
3) Reveal and resolve the other Representatives in order of play
4) Bargaining and Promissory Notes
5) Resolve Voting clockwise, starting with the player to the left of the Speaker
Secondary Ability: Seek Destiny
Spend one Command Counter from your Strategy Allocation area to draw one Action Card

Explanation:
When using this Stratgy Card, the active player first recieves 3 Action Cards and then has to choose 2 Political Cards out of the 4 top Political Cards. Then each player chooses a Representive to send to the Galactic Council. Then the Spies are Resolved in order of Play (Beginning with the Naalu / Initiative SC, then Diplomacy and so on). Then the other Representives are resolved in order of play. The Bargaining Step stays the same, as the original. The voting step is done clockwise, beginning with the Player to the left to the Speaker.You vote first on one Plitical Card and then the other (The Active Player decides the order). The new Secondary Ability of Political II was stronger than its primary in my opinion, so I changed it to the Political I secondary

Thoughts:
I did not play with Representives, but when I saw the new Political II and Assembly II i missed the free Action Cards, so I had to bring them back. The 2nd Political Card is drawn to make Political more important. I'm not sure if its a good decision to resolve the Representives in order of play. The aspiration was to make the order and the low numbers more important, but I'm not sure, if this helps, 'cause I didn't play with Representives.

Assembly III
Primary Ability: Assembly Councilors
You may not choose this Strategy Card during the next Strategy Phase. Draw 1 Action Card. Each player draws 1 Political Card and choose 1 to propose for the Galactic Assembly. The claim the Speaker token and choose 2 proposed Political Cards to resolve as follows:
1) Choose Representives
2) Resolve Spies in Order of Play
3) Resolve the other Representatives
4) Bargaining and Promissory Notes
5) Resolve Voting clockwise, starting with the player to the left of the Speaker
Secondary Ability: Seek Destiny
Spend one Command Counter from your Strategy Allocation area to draw one Action Card

Explanation:
This Card has to be played with Bureaucracy II. Most is like the Political III, but you draw only one AC, because you recieve the speaker token. Each player draws one Politcal Card and then proposes one Politcal Card from his hand for the Assembly of the Councilors. The Active player doesn't chooses one Political Card from his hand, but 2 from the proposed Cards. Political Cards that are not chossen are discarded.

Thoughts:
Most like like at Political III. The secondary of Assembly II is too strong so i used the one from Political I.

Bureaucracy II
Primary Ability and Special like the original, but you draw one AC.
Secondary Ability: Economic Stimulus
Spend 1 Command Counter from your Strategy Allocation area to refresh up to two Planets outside your home system.

Explanation:
This Card has to be played with Assembly III. I think there is no explanation needed.

Thoughts:
The AC makes the Card more interesting.The secondary is from Diplomacy I, cause I couldn't use the original secondary, because you already recieve Politcal Cards in Assembly III and there would be too much AC's. Furthermore one Strategy Card should have the Ability to refresh Planets. I'm not sure if the extra AC makes the primary too strong. I'm considering about a choosing a), b) solution like in Imperial II. I'm also considering about an Abizlity of Changing Ressource and/or Influence into Trade Goods.

Civilisation II
Primary Ability like Civilisation one, but you draw 2 AC.
Secondary Ability like in Political I, II and Assembly II.

Thoughts:
I played the Scenario one time (6 player) and the Civilisation Card was only choosen one time. It seems to be weak, so i added the 2 AC's. I changed the secondary, because getting 2 AC here seemed too strong for me and influence is rare for some races ( and you have too use it for Logistic), so they couldn't buy the Cards.

I made a print Version of the Card, but before uploading it, I would like to know if the cards are understandable and playable in your opinion. I would also like to know the Font of the original Strategy Cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.