$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Hawaii» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 VP for taking the first position in turn order on the last round? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this actually a rule? The only place I find it is in the example 1st turn round for Red, and it doesn't make any sense being there. I'm using the online rules from Rio Grande, presumably the printed rules are the same.

(Bold emphasis is mine)
Rules, page 11, bottom of page wrote:
End of the round phase: Red sums his price tokens and has a sum of 13.
Thus, he scores points at the end of the round; the number will depend on the price and
fish tokens sums of the other players.
He keeps his remaining shells and feet for the next rounds behind his screen.

At the end of the 5th round, the player who places his chieftain in the first position on the player-sequence
track is awarded a bonus of 2 VP when calculating the end-of-round scoring.

Anyone know if this is really a rule or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This rule is not in the German rules (at least not on that place).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
olavf wrote:
This rule is not in the German rules (at least not on that place).

I believe it has been added to the German rules since it was published - but yes it is correct and it is enforced in online play on boardgamearena
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
Anyone know if this is really a rule or not?

That is the correct rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorp222 wrote:
I believe it has been added to the German rules since it was published - but yes it is correct and it is enforced in online play on boardgamearena
I looked at the latest pdf-files on the website of the german publisher (http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/hawaii/) They published the german rules and some rule clarifications. Can't find this 2 vp-rule anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Daigle
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Jeff. My apologies to you and the others for not posting sooner, but I wanted to ensure that I would not be providing misinformation. In short, the 2 VP for taking the first position on the turn order track during the last round is the rule. The German rules will be including this point on a future clarification.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
Germany
Pliezhausen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2VP rule for the 1st player to pass in the last round still isn't implemented in the German rulebook of Hawaii.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.