1 , 2  Next »   | 

Ora et Labora» Forums » General

Subject: Ora Et Labora perfect storage solution - Plano 3650N rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
d egger
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm guessing that this has been discussed here before, but after being constantly thwarted in my search for a workable Agricola storages, I ran across an absolute excellent fit for Ora et Labora on my first try.

I found it at my local Walmart in the fishing section for just under $4. The model number is the Plano ProLatch 3650N and, as always seems to happen in these situations, that exact model doesn't appear to be on Amazon. However, I'm guessing that any of the Plano 3650 Adjustable Prolatch series would work as well.

All of the small pieces fit in the box with plenty of space to spare for the board pieces, manuals, and production wheel. It is easy to pull out during gameplay so that goods can be used and replaced easily. The chits are a tight fit at first (especially the 55 clay tiles) but after a few games they settle in nicely, and they should never be compressed by the lid.

The 3650N is available at Walmart in stores. This particular model is recognizable by its red latches.

Also, here's a brief YouTube someone posted relating to the the 3650.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have experimented with quite a few myself. However, I found that the OeL resource chits did not work well with particularly small/deep compartments. Everything fits nice of course, but dishing out resources (ie 6 of one type) was cumbersome.

However, the plus to your storage is that everything can fit including cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d egger
msg tools
mbmbmb
Good points. I found that it was best to have the chits stacked in "loose", which makes it much easier to grab pieces.

However, I have not tried this in a four-player game, so I have not yet had to scrape the bottom of the compartments. It's something to think about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer bead containers. you need 12, which screw together to fit sideways in the box. during the game they can be placed around the central wheel, where everyone can reach them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
artmark wrote:
I prefer bead containers. you need 12, which screw together to fit sideways in the box. during the game they can be placed around the central wheel, where everyone can reach them.
Pics? Amazon links?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Storage-Stackable-Containers-Crafts-Fi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's mine.

Here's a few that I have tried with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
artmark wrote:
Pics? Amazon links?

You can find those at either Michaels or Hobby Lobby...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
artmark wrote:
Pics? Amazon links?

You can find those at either Michaels or Hobby Lobby...
...only if I know what they look like! Pics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ianoble wrote:

These are what I use in Le Havre, they are PERFECT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Andrews
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If only GeekStopGames could get me a large quantity of storage devices at a super low cost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beloveserve wrote:
If only GeekStopGames could get me a large quantity of storage devices at a super low cost

Well, the ones pictured above can be bought at the dollar store for a stack of five. The only catch is you get one lid per stack, so there is some waste involved (at least with Le Havre, as they will only stack two high in the box).

As for planos......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d egger
msg tools
mbmbmb
RE: Multiple Plano Boxes

Man, I am totally envious of your storage stash... That shouldn't be nearly as awesome as I it appears to me, but it is.

I have actually purchased boxes without a need and then cracked open all my old games to see if I could store them more efficiently.

I wonder if they have a twelve-step program for this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
degger1 wrote:

Man, I am totally envious of your storage stash... That shouldn't be nearly as awesome as I it appears to me, but it is.

I have actually purchased boxes without a need and then cracked open all my old games to see if I could store them more efficiently.

Ha, I do the same thing. Sometimes I just buy up a bunch of planos and sort through all my games seeing which one(s) need a plano box, or has a need of a replacement plano box that might be more efficient than the current one.

I'm sure there's an anonymous group that meets about this though.

PAA (Plano Addicts Anonymous ninja)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LostRoom wrote:
degger1 wrote:

Ha, I do the same thing. Sometimes I just buy up a bunch of planos and sort through all my games seeing which one(s) need a plano box, or has a need of a replacement plano box that might be more efficient than the current one.

Ya. We log way too many hours in the jewelry, beads, and fishing sections of stores than most humans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dyepbr wrote:
LostRoom wrote:
degger1 wrote:

Ya. We log way too many hours in the jewelry, beads, and fishing sections of stores than most humans.

Glad to know others out there are browsing Michael's beads department besides me.

I can't tell you how much this is helping me cope right now.

BTW..I still need a sponsor if anyone is willing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem I have with Plano boxes is the square sides. Dishes and bowls have curved sides which makes it easy to slide things out. A chit or token at the bottom of a Plano box is not always easy to get out.

They work well for stones and irregular wood pieces but not so hot for flat tokens.

Good solution but not perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:
The problem I have with Plano boxes is the square sides. Dishes and bowls have curved sides which makes it easy to slide things out. A chit or token at the bottom of a Plano box is not always easy to get out.

They work well for stones and irregular wood pieces but not so hot for flat tokens.

That's why the craft boxes are nice. A lot of them have curved sides. Plano has a craft line, Creative Options, and most of those boxes have curved sides (my favorite: http://creativeoptionscrafts.com/product.asp?product=51).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
EvanMinn wrote:

That's why the craft boxes are nice. A lot of them have curved sides. Plano has a craft line, Creative Options, and most of those boxes have curved sides (my favorite: http://creativeoptionscrafts.com/product.asp?product=51).

+1 for creative options. I have used quite a few of them for several games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Press PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the upper Midwest, Mills Fleet Farm sells the Plano 3650 (according to Google).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Shelton

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any of the Plano boxes actually fit inside the OeL box? I would think not, but figured I'd ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nlshelton wrote:
Do any of the Plano boxes actually fit inside the OeL box? I would think not, but figured I'd ask.

A lot of them do actually....

I wouldn't use them if they didn't. Ora isn't actually very tricky to find a Plano box that fits inside the box (since non-Plano components don't take up much room). It's more about finding one that fits that many different types of resources but still allows them to be easy to pick up (see Dyepbr's comments in this link: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1243801/dyepbr).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d egger
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. The 3650 fits with everything inside easily. I only wish I could find a similar solution for Agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb
degger1 wrote:
Yes. The 3650 fits with everything inside easily. I only wish I could find a similar solution for Agricola.

Have you looked at my Plano geeklist? Lots of Plano love there!

For online Planos, I like www.tacklewarehouse.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jestin Jund
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already posted about this plano box and there is a picture to prove it! It just didn't get too many thumbs because it is kind of hiding deep in the midst of all the other storage solutions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.