Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played our first game but we were unsure of this one rule. The rules state that if you have the love hut you take one additional meeple out of the supply and put it on your player mat. At the end of the turn you feed one for every meeple on your player mat. In my mind, this means you have to feed the additional meeple on that same turn.

Others in the group didn't think that made sense, since that meeple didn't work for you that turn. They thought that you should only have to feed meeples that were placed out during the placement phase.

I am not sure whether it makes a large difference in terms of total resources (maximum of 5 food difference per game), but it could limit your ability to go to the love hut on occasion.

Do you folks who have played the game many times have a definitive answer to this? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You feed them. I don't know of any babies that work for their food yet you still have to feed them. They are from the stone age but they aren't barbarians!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must feed or it dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that I don't have the rules in front of me, so I can't quote from them directly.

If you follow the sequence stated in the rules;

1) place your workers
2) resolve the workers actions
3) Feed your workers

In the second step, you create a new worker.
In the third step, you count up all the workers you have and feed them.

From a rules point of view, very simple and straightforward.

From a thematic point of view, just consider the new worker a baby. It still needs to be fed in the round where it wasn't productive. On the next turn it's full grown and can start working for a living.

At least thats the way we imagine it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In agricola babies eat only a half, but in stone age they are hungrier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the prompt responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
mbmbmbmbmb
fisha wrote:
In agricola babies eat only a half, but in stone age they are hungrier.

Yes, the most important thing to remember here is that babies eat half as much. Don't hesitate to make babies, because all those extra actions are priceless (certainly worth a little food!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As has already been stated, if you follow the phase order properly, you produce the worker first, then you have to feed it in the next phase of the round.

If you're trying to believe the theme as being realistic, I can assure you that a 2-year-old is capable of eating as much food as an adult when they feel like it. Also, a 2-year old is most definitely a worker. I've taught my son to take out the trash, set the table, and a couple other easy chores. I'm sure a 2-year old in the stone age could pick berries and carry fire wood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Babies are born in the spring. You gotta feed the little brats....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.