Jan Itor
Scotland
Dundee
Angus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asahi wrote:
Valen200 wrote:
Grab my elosha banner from v18. schmoolf redid it with better contrast.

Unfortunately, I can't find it. All your posts I found there had no banner.

I had it in my gmail for easy acces. didn't help you in particular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korvin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Military Leader
1 Piloting
3 Tactics
1 Leadership/Engineering

Amazing Discoveries - Whenever you play a Launch Scout on your turn and roll 6 or higher you may look at two cards instead of one. You must bury at least one of them.
Clash with Centurions - Action: Once per Game send another player on Galactica to Sickbay in order to destroy up to two centurions on the Boarding Party Track.
Poor Leader - Executive Orders given by you can only be used for one move and one action.

Amazing Discoveries is on his turn only, which means he's going to try to go for it as much as possible, which means he won't be giving out XOs anyway. He probably won't pick up a lot of XOs when he only has 1 Leadership as an optional. Something to think about.

OPG is very pro-human. Maybe, "OPG send another to Sickbay to move all Centurions one space forward or back on the track or destroy one Centurion. You may not advance to "Humans Lose".

Poor Leaders wording is difficult. I like having my wording spot-on, and right now it implies XOs MUST force a move.

When you get this finalized, I'll whip up a copy tomorrow. Please send me links of images you want to use for the Banner/Character card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the "little XO anyway" issue has been brought up, how about his disadvantage is he's a worse pilot? Like -1 on the first attack roll from a viper each round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korvin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving the cylons also forward as OPG could become pretty ugly, if you also could bring a human to start his turn in the sickbay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Asahi wrote:
Moving the cylons also forward as OPG could become pretty ugly, if you also could bring a human to start his turn in the sickbay.

I still think the OPG is ok - as mentioned a free "send someone to sickbay" is not a bad OPG. I was thinking adding that the target has to discard 2 random skill cards.

Let's focus on the disadvantage.

(sorry to derail this thread into a character making thread but a. MasterDinadan sortof requested Crashdown, and b. I'll need time to set up the xls. Lot's of new features)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
Since the "little XO anyway" issue has been brought up, how about his disadvantage is he's a worse pilot? Like -1 on the first attack roll from a viper each round?

I think the drawback is fine. It wouldn't be the first time a drawback had little effect on the game. (Starbuck often goes the entire game without her drawback mattering).

Crashdown's drawback may seldom come up, but then again he may seldom gain any benefit from his ongoing ability. I can see situations where inability to effectively XO could be a big problem. Sure, in the ideal scenario for optimal actions, he should be launching a scout anyway, but how often do you find yourself in an ideal scenario? Many times you need things done urgently and an XO to someone in the right place is the only way to do it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OPG: I prefer "Damage the Armory if able. If not, damage Galactica (not Pegasus) to discarding two random skill cards. That's too much like the Cylon reveal power.

He wasn't a bad pilot in the show, though, right? I think if we change the "On your turn, 5+" to "Once per turn, 6+" on his raptor rolls then that frees him up to use XOs with his disadvantage on his turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the disadvantage as designed (if not necessarily as written, I agree the wording is awkward). In my experience, characters with very good OPT/OPGs and very bad disadvantages are always better (or at least more popular) than 'meh' OPT/OPGs with 'meh' disadvantages. The problem with the "bad pilot" disadvantage is that it's already taken care of by the fact that he's a military leader who happens to be able to pilot. In that regard he's basically Helo, and how often do you see Helo piloting a viper? Not often, unless all the pilots turn cylon.

At the risk of further boring your players... sorry, all.
While we're on the issue of XOs, Schmloof touched on something I think is even more important than his printed disadvantage.

Honestly, he kind of seems like a support character. In my mind, and you may disagree, the theme of politicians is dealing with crises, military leaders generate actions, and pilots deal with cylons. As currently designed, he doesn't do any of those, due to wanting to make use of his OPT and only having a 0.5 leadership draw.

Also, all military leaders draw at least two leadership, all pilots (except Anders, who frankly just sucks but I guess the logic is that Star Player allows him to pull a bunch of piiloting when required) draw at least two piloting and all politicians draw at least two politics.

If we truly want him to be a military leader I think we need to give him at least 2 full leadership, and detach his OPT from his action. You'll notice none of the other military leaders have an OPT tied to their action... probably because they're expected to primarily be issuing XOs (and lots of Supports and Pilots DO have their OPT tied to their action).

My Last Suggestion... I swear wrote:
2 Leadership
1 Tactics
2 Piloting/Tactics
Amazing Discoveries - On your turn, if a launch scout succeeds with a roll of 5 or higher you may immediately play a launch scout from your hand.
Clash with Centurions - Action: Once per game, send another player on Galactica to Sickbay. You may then destroy up to two centurions on the Boarding Party Track.
Poor Leader - When you play an Executive Order it cannot be used for two actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just some quick kibitzing, I've had trouble with my internet all day. I wouldn't ever play Crashdown due to the limitations on his OPT especially with the Rebel Basestar already allowing a double-scout. His limitation is pretty ridiculous.

If his limitation was that he couldn't play an Evasive Manuver to reroll an attack on an unmanned Viper, and when a Viper piloted by him was the target of an EM the second roll didn't get a -2 that'd be a lot better.

I still wanna see an Elosha who has a OPT to make Faith always positive and a OPG to manipulate the Destiny Deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, late to the party, but

Crashdown wrote:

1 Leadership
1 Tactics
2 Piloting
1 Piloting/Leadership
Amazing Discoveries - On your turn, if a launch scout succeeds with a roll of 5 or higher, [the scouting player] may look at two cards from the crisis deck, chose to bury or keep each (you may not change the order).
Clash with Centurions - Action: Once per game, damage the Armory. You may then destroy up to two centurions on the Boarding Party Track.
Poor Leader - When you play an Executive Order it cannot be used for two actions.

The "immediately play a scout when someone else rolls a 5" version doesn't really allow you to look at two cards if whoever goes first keeps the top card, which was the original goal. As already mentioned, looking at 2 destinations is pretty crazy good. So here we have a version that works on up to two crises but works for anyone on your turn. Actually a very interesting version would be that Crashdown looks instead of the scouting player, which creates all sorts of fun trust issues. (It also creates more text that you really want to cram onto a card but if you don't have to photoshop the card up it's not so bad.)

I like "Damage the armory" vs "send someone to sickbay"... more thematic, and potentially awesome if you're a Cylon and there's some boarding parties on board. Possibly too good.

Alt drawback:
Poor pilot: Raiders get +1 to hit your piloted viper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tarl Cowley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If Dinadan takes a pilot (ie Crashdown), I'll take Cain please.

If not, I'll take Seelix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First off: wooo LL6869's new avatar is constanlty reminding me of InfoCynic, and now InfoCynic turns up? ...

But LL6869 has a point, there is already a double scout on the Rebel Basestar... I might have been hasty with accepting this Crashdown thing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to airlock Crashdown if it's too much hassle. I'll just pick someone else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Feel free to airlock Crashdown if it's too much hassle. I'll just pick someone else

Please do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kendra Shaw reporting for duty

I will take 1 politics, 1 leadership, 1 tactics. I will find a banner when I have time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Itor
Scotland
Dundee
Angus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
First off: wooo LL6869's new avatar is constanlty reminding me of InfoCynic, and now InfoCynic turns up? ...

But LL6869 has a point, there is already a double scout on the Rebel Basestar... I might have been hasty with accepting this Crashdown thing

I had that issue as well. so glad he switched.

edit: Grammer, work with me!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. Valen200
- First player
2. LL6869
- 2 Politics, 1 Leadership
3. Asahi
- 1 Politics, 1 Leadership, 1 Faith
4. MasterDinadan
- 1 Politics, 1 Leadership, 1 Tactics
5. brizzyboi
- ??
6. darthbalmung insert banner here

Everyone except Boomer will receive one additional Faith card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No don't use that Seelix banner! I'll make you a new one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

No one's used that old Seelix banner in a game yet right? I can delete it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:

Nobody expects the Cylon inquisition!

I really should change this... I believe I changed it so I could play in PBF 14. Then I swore off playing in PBF (I can't stand the card counting and slow pace) and just troll them.

Maybe I should offer up picking my avatar to winning player(s) in PBFs...then again, maybe that's NOT a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still on the hunt for a good Baltar pic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We might have a winner. Whatcha think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we seem to be horrendously off-topic on character images, I'm going to take the time to inform you of my method to supplant augment Gerry's Geeklist of images and selwyth's map to said list.

It's quite simple: Tags.

I've tagged all my images with tags as seen on my tags page: http://boardgamegeek.com/tags/user/schmloof

Quote:
1 BSG_adama
17 BSG_banner
2 BSG_boomer
1 BSG_cain
8 BSG_char_card
3 BSG_chief
1 BSG_d'anna
7 BSG_elosha
1 BSG_helo
1 BSG_hotdog
8 BSG_humor
1 BSG_laird
1 BSG_lampkin
3 BSG_mod
11 BSG_other
3 BSG_seelix
1 BSG_simon

So if you want to find a banner: http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/bsg_banner/
Funny pictures: http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/bsg_humor/
Mod banners http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/bsg_mod/
Character cards http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/bsg_char_card/
Or pictures of a specific character http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/bsg_elosha

...they're easy to find. Eventually I hope we can tag every previously uploaded image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob dole
msg tools
mbmbmb
Helo with 2 tactics and 1 leadership

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [46] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.