Subject: BSG V21 - Rebel without a Pause rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Korvin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
I actually prefer that the eliminated player doesn't get to win, otherwise there is not much incentive to avoid "bad" trauma. The loss of a team mate for the loss round may justify never having to use trauma negatively.

I think losing a team mate should be hard enough for this side. With an eliminated cylon this results in a 4-to-1 end game, while a eliminated human also cost one more morale due to the execution. I think this is definitively hard hits for this sides and since you can quite quickly get more trauma tokens by the crossroad cards everyone should be really motivated to go with very few bad traumas into the Ionian Nebula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Open Contest, Geek Gold will be given to first and/or best:

Make a mod banner for
- Battle of Colony
- Cylon Civil War

like these ones:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump, xls ready, just started V20. Tomorrow I'll start this one. Don't fall asleep now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:

Umm that's a shadow ship from B5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's B5?

I just Googled "Colony BSG " and took the nicest looking picture

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

This is a shadow cruiser from Babylon 5.

This is the Colony from BSG.

Any questions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes... why does that Babylon stuff show up when I search for Battlestar?

*grumble*

I'll make you a different one then.

OH is that Vollick's avatar is? Yup it's the exact same image.

PROOF! Look at the description!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

How about now? BSG wiki says the name is "Battle of THE Colony" so that's what I went with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:
Yes... why does that Babylon stuff show up when I search for Battlestar?

Because folks were complaining that they stole the colony design from the shadow ships...

Nice job on the banner.
Will I get a Cylon Civil War too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Itor
Scotland
Dundee
Angus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:

I kinda like this one myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Valen200 wrote:
schmloof wrote:

Yeah the "of" looks better than the "of the", but it really feels strange to have a shadow cruiser on a BSG banner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Itor
Scotland
Dundee
Angus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
Valen200 wrote:
schmloof wrote:

Yeah the "of" looks better than the "of the", but it really feels strange to have a shadow cruiser on a BSG banner

Outta curiousity, what was the ancient Minbari leader that helped win the shadow war called in the version you saw? Due to localizations and translations it is very possible the name is different internationaly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Valen200 wrote:
TDaver wrote:
Valen200 wrote:
schmloof wrote:

Outta curiousity, what was the ancient Minbari leader that helped win the shadow war called in the version you saw? Due to localizations and translations it is very possible the name is different internationaly.

No, it was quite the same whistle (besides, I watched in english) And yes I do believe Babylon 5 is the only other scifi series besides BSG (and maybe Firefly if I feel good) to achieve the "bestest ever" qualification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
No, it was quite the same whistle (besides, I watched in english) And yes I do believe Babylon 5 is the only other scifi series besides BSG (and maybe Firefly if I feel good) to achieve the "bestest ever" qualification.

B5 > All. While I love BSG, at least JMS (writer / creator of B5) had his plots written out ahead of time, and wasn't just sitting in a back room somewhere going "gee, who should the final five be?" halfway through the show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
TDaver wrote:

B5 > All. While I love BSG, at least JMS (writer / creator of B5) had his plots written out ahead of time, and wasn't just sitting in a back room somewhere going "gee, who should the final five be?" halfway through the show.

So true.

Is there a Babylon 5 boardgame? We need to make one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are B5-themed games... I believe there's a pretty good one that is based around the ship combat with starfuries and such. I don't know of any that really capture the grand feel of things. Let's just reskin BSG ... Cylons can be "Shadow Agents"*... you'll have to have a balanced team of human [pilot], minbari [military], narn [support], and centauri [political]... or you could do something like "the league" for support.

Humans win by outlasting the threats to the station (and the galaxy at large), Shadow Agents win by destroying the station, reducing the station's resources down to 0 (instead of 'fuel', maybe the station could have 'ammo'... it builds up energy [FTL] to fire its weapons and destroy / drive away the enemy ships in near space... which costs some amount of ammo... the more ammo you spend, the longer they stay away [distance traveled], etc.)

*spoilers for B5 season 4
Spoiler (click to reveal)
(of course this really doesn't do it justice, when you learn that the Shadows are only *PART* of the problem)

Yeah, we should move this to another thread, but it's an amusing idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Itor
Scotland
Dundee
Angus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an old ccg that did a decent job of capturing the flavor of the show. It's been out of print for a decade though. Some of the sets can be gobbled up jn ebay cheaply. Some are a bit pricier. I think the was a boardgamr, but board games in the 1990's were not designed the same way as now. They were more of the typical start to finish race where you might collect stuff.
(there was a passable buffy board game though, so the b5 one might be okay.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Yeah, we should move this to another thread, but it's an amusing idea.

I'll let you do the honor of opening a thread. I'm overrunning Exodus/Variant as it is ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:

Is there a Babylon 5 boardgame? We need to make one.

bleachedlizard was working on a B5 card game, so you might want to check with him. I haven't seen any word on it lately so it may just be sitting on the shelf, so to speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I could open a thread, or I could get back to work. Extra distractions I don't need

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Yeah, I could open a thread, or I could get back to work. Extra distractions I don't need

You know I'll open it and then you'll just have to subscribe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick FAQ:
Q: What happens if a Red Tape and a 5 valued Blind Faith is played into the same skillcheck?
A: Blind Faith gets discarded WITHOUT activating its effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's your system, but shouldn't current player choose which to resolve first? See Red Tape vs Trust Instincts in the UFAQ. And don't even think of cluttering my UFAQ Wiki with FAQs to variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
It's your system, but shouldn't current player choose which to resolve first? See Red Tape vs Trust Instincts in the UFAQ. And don't even think of cluttering my UFAQ Wiki with FAQs to variants.

Don't tell me that it's a current player's choice... If I were FFG I'd rule that Red Tape would be worded: "Discard all 5 and 6 strength cards from this skill check before totalling their strength or resolving their abilities"

That way it's obvious that if you discard stuff, then draw another 5 on TI you have to discard that too. I should house rule this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [46] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.