Popular Tags: [View All]
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Power Grid Fan
mbmbmbmbmb
1st off, I'm a newbie. I have the first two scenarious under my belt.

Having said that, I would like to give Vassal a go. I live in the US West Coast timezone (PST). I loaded Vassal 3.0 and logged in. I was the only one in the main room when I did so. Is there a way to play both sides solo? If there is I couldn't figure it out. I only say a way to pick either side or join either side as an ally (assume this is epic). I even tried to play offline, but no map showed up when I tried that.

I have only played the historical scenarios and I would like load a few scenarios so I can 1)figure out the mechanics of the vassal system and 2)figure out the lore mechanics (war council, etc.) before I challenge someone to an actual live game.

The map and everything looked great. Kudos to those that helped create it. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David, first off, happy to play this game on Vassal with you. There are usually a few people on the server for BL on the weekend mornings, and I am usually one of them - feel free to send me a geekmail to arrange other times as well.

As to your question about playing solo using the Vassal module, one way to do it is just draw all of the cards for each side into whichever hand you've joined as, Standard, Pennant, or Ally, and enlarge the window so as to separate which cards belong to which banner. I don't play solo, but that is how I would do it. If you wanted to keep the windows Standard or Pennant specific, you could also retire at the end of each turn, and take the other side, and continue with the game.

Whether you are online or not, shouldn't matter - should still have access to the same scenarios that are within the module.

Looking forward to another Vassal BL player!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

I'll be glad to play with you too! My vassal user name is Cavie. I'll keep an eye out for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Power Grid Fan
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I will try and check in on Saturday morning and see if anyone is around. I will need some coaching on the vassal mechanics I'm sure. I will try and get a few more solo scenarios under my belt before then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.