Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Weier
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says I lose one of my creatures to take control of 1 opponent creature from a squad within 5 spaces of the casting squad. The lost monster becomes a wandering monster.

Several questions:

1. Does the captured monster join my squad, or does he get his own control card?

2. If he gets his own squad card, does he stay where he was before I captured him, or does he move adjacent to me?

3. If he stays where he was, what to do if he is one of several creatures in the opponent's squad? If he immediately moves adjacent to his original squad, is he then locked down and forced to combat his old squad?

4. The lost creature becomes wandering. Does this new wandering monster appear adjacent to the casting squad? Does this lock down the casting squad (i.e. prevent it from moving) and force me into combat with it on my next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Question. We were uncertain as to which cards needed greater explanation on the Errata sheet. This is an obvious one it seems.

The card says I lose one of my creatures to take control of 1 opponent creature from a squad within 5 spaces of the casting squad. The lost monster becomes a wandering monster.

Several questions:

1. Does the captured monster join my squad, or does he get his own control card?

YES. YOU WILL NEED AN EMPTY CONTROL CARD.

2. If he gets his own squad card, does he stay where he was before I captured him, or does he move adjacent to me?

IF IT IS YOUR TURN YOU COULD TAKE CONTROL AND MOVE HIM WHERE EVER YOU LIKE (ADJACENT OR NOT). IF IT IS NOT YOUR TURN, YOU COULD NOT. (YOU COULD USE THIS SPELL ON ANOTHER PLAYER'S TURN DUE TO COMBAT)

3. If he stays where he was, what to do if he is one of several creatures in the opponent's squad? If he immediately moves adjacent to his original squad, is he then locked down and forced to combat his old squad?

YES. HE MUST COMBAT HIS NEW ENEMIES. HE WOULD EXIT THE SQUAD TO IMMEDIATELY HAVE TO FIGHT THE NEW ENEMIES.

4. The lost creature becomes wandering. Does this new wandering monster appear adjacent to the casting squad? Does this lock down the casting squad (i.e. prevent it from moving) and force me into combat with it on my next turn?[/q]

WE SHOULD HAVE MADE THIS CARD A BLACK DIAMOND CARD. IT IS REFERRING TO THE ABANDONING CREATURES RULES ON PAGE 35. IF A CREATURE IS ABANDONED IT BECOMES A WANDERING MONSTER AND MOVES FULL DISTANCE AWAY FROM SQUAD (IF THE SQUAD HAS NOT MOVED.) IF THE SQUAD HAS MOVED THE ABANDONED CREATURE MOVES TO COMPLETE IT'S MOVEMENT RATE. (ex. if a creature with 3 movement moved 1 space with a squad. the abandoned creature with 3 movement rate could complete 2 more spaces before becoming abandon.)
IF THIS CREATURE CAN'T MOVES OR CAN ONLY MOVE ADJACENT THEN COMBAT, HIRE OR SUBDUE WOULD OCCUR AS WELL.

This card should have been a black diamond as it's referring to an advanced procedure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weier
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Works for me, thanks!

It seemed a little harsh that both my spellcaster and the captured creature ended up locked down and forced into combat after this spell was cast, so I like that at least one of them can avoid it by using the abandon rules to move the wanderer away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.