Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is still crappy in 3D. But atleast it costs more and you have to wear stupid weiner glasses.

Took the Riddlenettes to see Star Wars Ep 1. Still below average and the 3D was meh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven slater
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A crap movie is a crap movie whatever its bra size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say what you will... Darth Maul is still pretty cool. But, the 3D was pretty meh. Except when the battle droids walk through the Gungan shield, I thought that looked pretty awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick murphy
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i wanted to see a piece of crap in 3D and flush $15 down the drain ill do it in my bathroom without the uncomfortable glasses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
My condolences. A whole extra dimension of Jar Jar: the very thought could be marketed as an appetite suppressant. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pmurphy0618 wrote:
If i wanted to see a piece of crap in 3D and flush $15 down the drain ill do it in my bathroom without the uncomfortable glasses.

Be careful with that, Chit Chatters haven't had much luck with toilets lately. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
HYPERBOLE! It's like the greatest thing ever!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Laudwic wrote:
pmurphy0618 wrote:

Be careful with that, Chit Chatters haven't had much luck with toilets lately. . .

Nor have Stormtroopers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick murphy
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laudwic wrote:
pmurphy0618 wrote:

Neither has George Lucas. I guess thats why he just drops his "buisness" on the big screen now a days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ookami Snow
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to see the original trilogy in theaters again... even if there is more Lucas junk spliced in. But I do not want to see them in 3D, at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Are You Not Entertained????
mb
The Phantom Menace wasn't that bad.

Then again, I'd already had all my illusions destroyed by Revenge of the Ewoks when I was 13 anyway.....

....So my expectations weren't all that high to begin with.

But yes, I don't get the idea of watching a 2d movie in 3d.

Roger Ebert just recently saw Titanic in the new 3d release, and here is what he had to say about it.

Quote:
Now for the final flaw. It is, of course, the 3D process. Cameron has justly been praised for being one of the few directors to use 3D usefully, in "Avatar." But "Titanic" was not shot for 3D, and just as you cannot gild a pig, you cannot make 2D into 3D. What you can do, and he tries to do it well, is find certain scenes that you can present as having planes of focus in foreground, middle and distance. So what? Did you miss any dimensions the first time you saw "Titanic?" No matter how long Cameron took to do it, no matter how much he spent, this is retrofitted 2D. Case closed.

But not quite. There's more to it than that. 3D causes a noticeable loss in the brightness coming from the screen. Some say as much as 20 percent. If you saw an ordinary film dimmed that much, you might complain to the management. Here you're supposed to be grateful you had the opportunity to pay a surcharge for this defacement. If you're alert to it, you'll notice that many shots and sequences in this version are not in 3D at all, but remain in 2D. If you take off your glasses, they'll pop off the screen with dramatically improved brightness. I know why the film is in 3D. It's to justify the extra charge. That's a shabby way to treat a masterpiece.

-The Ship of Fools, by Roger Ebert 2.15.12
http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2012/02/going_down_with_the_...

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mb
Darilian wrote:

It features one of the all-time great scenes - the Darth Maul light sabre duel - so I'll give you that.

It also inspired a great [apparently] game that is beloved here on BGG.

Otherwise, it was f**king dire!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elgin_j wrote:
Darilian wrote:

It features one of the all-time great scenes - the Darth Maul light sabre duel - so I'll give you that.

It also inspired a great [apparently] game that is beloved here on BGG.

Otherwise, it was f**king dire!

true, just like attack of the clones had 35min AWESOME movie surrounded by 1.5 of pure unadulterated awful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.