Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Wood
United States
Eden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was checking out an article on io9.com and came across the Mystery of the "Deadly Doubles" Dice Game from WW2.

What jumped out at me first was the publisher of the AD;

Is this the Same Monarch Publishing that would later own Avalon Hill Game Company?

Probably not, but the coincidence is eerie.

http://io9.com/5886698/unsolved-mysteries-of-world-war-ii

Picture of the game;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
mb
Interesting question. I did a quick google search but as you can imagine "Monarch Publishing" is a common name, and I couldn't find a direct connection to Avalon Hill. I did find a link to another thread here on BGG though (which unfortunately doesn't answer your question): The Deadly Double, copyright 1941, Monarch Publishing Co., New York
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wood
United States
Eden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zuludawn wrote:
Interesting question. I did a quick google search but as you can imagine "Monarch Publishing" is a common name, and I couldn't find a direct connection to Avalon Hill. I did find a link to another thread here on BGG though (which unfortunately doesn't answer your question): The Deadly Double, copyright 1941, Monarch Publishing Co., New York

Same results I got.

Also found that someone on etsy sold a complete game of this for 2 dollars on Feb 6th....with the mystery attached to it, bet it can go for much higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.