BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Fairplaygames.com Blowout Sale and 5% off on all purchases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this email from fairplaygames.com and thought I'd pass it on:

Quote:
Think Spring!!!

We know it's not spring yet, but we want to start our spring cleaning early. For the next few weeks, we'll be cleaning the warehouse. We have marked down over 650 items. Some of the marked down items are first come, first serve. Once they are sold, you will no longer to be able to purchase them at the blowout prices.

Also enjoy 5% off your entire order and free economy shipping (on orders of $100 or more) by using discount code "SPRING". Check out the blowout items at http://fairplaygames.com/games.asp?filter=Blowout. Just to name a few items on blowout, we have Pirate-Opoly, Alexander the Great, Boomtown, Witch of Salem, Rise of Empires, Bolide Tracks, L-C-R Deluxe Tin Edition (LCR), China Moon, The Spirits of Niagara, Pound of D6 Dice, Squint...

Lots of games on sale, including many at 50% or more off MSRP. There are also lots of dice and other accessories in the blowout. Plus the free shipping at $100 and 5% off your whole order are both pretty nice.

I've purchased games from fairplaygames.com many times and have been very impressed by their service. I highly recommend them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fairplaygames.com Blowout Sale and 5% on purchases
Thought I'd post a few games I found:

Asteroyds for $27
Court of Medici for $5
Genesis for $19
Gloria Pictoria for $9
Gonzaga for $25
Hacienda for $20
Hermagor for $20
Ilium for $20
Indus for $17
Jamaica for $30
Master of Rules for $4
Ming Dynasty for $19
Palatinius for $9
Pound of D6 for $9
Strozzi for $17
Titan for $40
TransEuropa with Vexation for $17
Ubongo Extreme for $23
Ys for $20

Anyway, there are lots of games. This was just a quick skim through the list, but it's worth checking out, especially with an additional 5% off the entire order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one that stuck out to me was:
Silverton 19.95
Sold out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
shake

Kill the Hippies $9.95
Marriage Material $6.95

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Goldbrau for $8.95!!!! May not be great but imho under rated

now sold out... as is Silverton

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great prices on China Rails (21.95) and Martian Rails (24.95).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
figures I finally broke down and bought the Alhambra expansions two days before they went on sale. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Baker
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air, you suddenly realize what you were hoping for.
badge
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: - 1 Pet 3:15
mbmbmbmbmb
This had to be the single worst online shopping experience I've ever had.

I've been shopping online for 10+ years, and have NEVER had this much of a problem placing an order.

I caught this deal right when it was posted, and not only did the site go down (as most of you saw) but The Shopping Cart was not adding the items.

During checkout, they didn't accept the 5% off coupon, and they sent me an email telling me my order was processed and paid for online even though i never gave them my Credit Card Info, lol.

After the site came up, i tried to continue my order or to check the status to see if it had indeed been processed by some miracle and to my surprise found that my order was incomplete. You would think they would have a button to continue checkout... nope. I mean really?

I then tried to log into the account i created after the site came back up... they didn't recognize my account info.

the kicker? I was even going to try and process my order again, and both my items are now out of stock.

what a joke.

NEVER AGAIN.

Just a vent and a friendly warning. I'll be sticking with CoolStuffInc

I hope everyone else's experience was better than mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Martin

Rhode Island
msg tools
mogrix wrote:

[...]

I caught this deal right when it was posted, and not only did the site go down (as most of you saw) but The Shopping Cart was not adding the items.

During checkout, they didn't accept the 5% off coupon, and they sent me an email telling me my order was processed and paid for online even though i never gave them my Credit Card Info, lol.

[...]

I hope everyone else's experience was better than mine.

Maybe I just got lucky... Had no problems with the site going down, and snagged a copy of Pylos (before they ran out). Maybe something is screwy with their credit card system, but I was paying through PayPal and there was a giant, obvious "continue checkout" button to go pay. I did think it was strange that the "order confirmed" emails were sent out immediately upon entering your shipping information, as opposed to after you paid.

Maybe it takes a while for newly made accounts to filter through their system? I didn't bother making an account just for one order.

Also, the wording was ambiguous at the top of the page, but I'm pretty sure the coupon code was for "5% off an free shipping on $100+ orders", not sitewide free shipping on $100+ orders and a coupon for 5% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Baker
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air, you suddenly realize what you were hoping for.
badge
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: - 1 Pet 3:15
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're right about the 5%. i didn't catch it until you just now said something.

Thing about the credit card is i've been using the same one for years, never had a problem. I doubt that variable was an issue.

just venting and frustrated. it was a truly bad experience...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Wong
msg tools
mb
I have ordered from them several times over the past 2-3 years and have never had a problem. They always replied to my emails quickly and had even sent me a set of missing cubes from Agricola, instead of just pointing me toward z-man games.

I got their email this morning and promptly went shopping at their site. I had no problems, loaded up to $100 and got the free shipping plus the 5% discount.

I will say though, their website is not the most robust. I have gone there in the past and gotten errors or unable to load. Probably the website couldn't handle the hits it got today. Not making excuses as an Internet business *should* have a well running website. It's a shame you all had a bad experience.

I am not affiliated with FairPlay Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Evans
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curse you, Christian! I'm trying to save money, space AND my marriage! How am I supposed to do that NOW?!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Picked up Witch of Salem for $26.95 and Okko: Era of the Asagiri for $17.95.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Yates
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Magus And Princess wrote:

When I first got in to board games I used some random site I cant recall, then switched to fairplaygames. They were nice for an inbetween site...but man do I agree that I am happy I found coolstuffinc.com. Better prices, MUCH better site and really good costumer services.

Does CSI have a clothing section I wasn't aware of? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
sfglbkf wrote:
Magus And Princess wrote:

When I first got in to board games I used some random site I cant recall, then switched to fairplaygames. They were nice for an inbetween site...but man do I agree that I am happy I found coolstuffinc.com. Better prices, MUCH better site and really good costumer services.

Does CSI have a clothing section I wasn't aware of? laugh

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_supplies.php?viewType=T-Shi...

however the links from there just go in circles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.