Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wright
United States
Grovetown
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is a question that has been previously answered.
Can a figure in a hindering terrain square ever have his stealth outwitted? At our local game store the answer was no stealth cannot be outwitted if the stealthy character is in hindering terrain. The rules state...The character with outwit must "be within 10 squares and line of fire to the target."
Stealth states "When it is not your turn, hindered lines of fire drawn to this character are blocked."
So since the target of the outwitting attempt is in hindering terrain with stealth doesn't the line of fire, even if adjacent, qualify as a hindered line of fire having to enter the hindering terrain of the stealthy character? If say, the characters where separated by four squares with the outwitting character in a clear square and no hindering terrain in the line of fire other than the stealthy characters square the outwit attempt would not be possible, right? So does the fact that they are adjacent in the first example then not really matter? I always thought that being adjacent allowed any character to melee a stealthy character so then also assumed that outwit would also be available. One of our strategies was always to run up an outwitting character to an adjacent square of a stealthy character, thereby unstealthing the and then pummeling the formerly stealthy character with range attacks hopefully knocking him out of his stealth on the dial.
Clarification would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless a character has an ability that lets them ignore stealth or the effects of hindering terrain, they can't outwit stealth, even if adjacent.

Note that characters like Talia who have outwit and Superman team ability can do it, since she ignores hindering terrain.

Also note that under the new rules, Stealth is only in effect during your opponant's turn. So you can prob control a stealthy opposing character's attack rolls.

Also, from the latest player's guide/erratta:

Stealth
• Adjacency is not an issue when determining a line of fire to
a character using Stealth and occupying hindering terrain.
Powers like Probability Control, Perplex, and Outwit,
which use a line of fire to determine if the effect can take
place, cannot target a character using Stealth that occupies
hindering terrain, even if the character with the ability is
the character using Stealth itself.
• A giant character that uses Stealth cannot have a line of fire
drawn to it when in hindering terrain, regardless of the
elevation of an opposing attacking figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wright
United States
Grovetown
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
United States
Fayetteville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that same section in the player's guide and it was confusing me when I read it. I think they should add "even when adjacent" but that is just me.

I am a little glad of this as I like to use Domino with her Stealth and Probability Control.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the new stealth rules where its turned off on your own turn. I still think stealth might be the hardest of powers to explain to newbies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
United States
Fayetteville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocalypse Dude wrote:
I really like the new stealth rules where its turned off on your own turn.
I was curious as to how that made it different?

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now you can make a stealthy figure reroll his attack, and you can perplex the stealthy figure on your own turn without having to turn off stealth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
United States
Fayetteville
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, now I see.

And, I assume this is also true if both figures are inside the hindering terrain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.