Dungeon Petz» Forums » Variants

Subject: Solo variant for Dungeon Petz rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kalk me in
France
flag msg tools
SOLO VARIANT

The rules are the same as the rulebook 2 player variant (six blocking imps rotating) , except that:

-At the beginning of every turn, you get only one coin

-To send imps to town, you have to make groups of different sizes ( for instance, to get 3 actions on the board you have to send one group of 1, one of 2 and one of 3)

-For each exhibtion, you score as many victory points as your exhibtion score

-You beat the game scoring at least 100 points

Good luck !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Pino
Spain
flag msg tools
Cool , cant wait to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Johnson
Spain
Torremolinos
Málaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!

I'll try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one works well, and even with the expansion -- thank you! I'd like to determine a good "win" score with the expansion, if anyone's tried it. I've played it twice, high score of 155.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Cingolani
Italy
Arezzo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice variant, I gave it a shot yesterday with 2 games, 103 and 110.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I just wanted to say I tried this out today and it worked quite well. I am apparently terrible at this game as I only scored 61 points.

I am thinking I wasn't aggressive enough with my pets -- on the positive side, however, none of them ran away or suffered in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Wood
msg tools
mb
kalkaoual wrote:

-To send imps to town, you have to make groups of different sizes ( for instance, to get 3 actions on the board you have to send one group of 1, one of 2 and one of 3)

To clarify, do you mean just imps? Or is adding gold increasing the size of grouping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rojethee wrote:
kalkaoual wrote:

To clarify, do you mean just imps? Or is adding gold increasing the size of grouping?

A gold piece counts as an imp in this variant. But remember that you must always have at least one real imp in a group (or 2 in the case of the "take cage" action, etc.) [Edit: Deleted incorrect sentence.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Wretched Git wrote:
and that you can't use gold on the selling platform.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that you can't send a group with gold in it to the platform (IE, you can only send imp-only groups there?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Wretched Git wrote:
and that you can't use gold on the selling platform.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that you can't send a group with gold in it to the platform (IE, you can only send imp-only groups there?)

Sorry, I was unclear: You can use gold to bolster your group when claiming the action space; but only actual imps can be kept in reserve on the right side of the platform.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, ok I had to double-check the rules to make sure I didn't miss something critical that I'd been playing wrong

Sorry for the confusion, thanks for clearing that up! I'll have to give this variant a try, seems a lot simpler than some of the solo variants, even if it's more "puzzle" in this setting (which isn't bad)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I'll have to give this variant a try, seems a lot simpler than some of the solo variants, even if it's more "puzzle" in this setting (which isn't bad)

Yes, do try it. It works amazingly well for being so simple -- one of my favorites. It even works with the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pork Chop
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife said "NO" after just one play (she does this sometimes with new games....it's funny as she will then warm up to a game once she "gets" it).

I have been itching to get this to the table ever since, this is just what I have been looking for. I am hoping that this will help me understand the best strategy for maximizing my scoring.

I played tonight and scored 76.... I have a ways to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe

California
msg tools
Just tried this out for the first time and scored a 74, will have to try again. I kind of rushed through it a bit as I had limited time and wasn't the most focused. Nice little puzzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.