Subject: Thoughts in Class rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Sessoms
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You hovered over this, now you owe me a cookie.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just sitting in my grad school class on the history of western education.. and tonight's class dealt with the Roman Empire. I just couldn't help but think I wanted to play Hannibal: Rome Vs Carthage, the Republic of Rome aka, Roman themed games.. am I the only one who thinks like this?
And tomorrow the thought will swing to Tales of the Arabian nights and Labyrinth and Middle eastern/Terrorism games (Tomorrow is Middle east in modern times) so haha.

And I blame my one class last semester for wanting me to get a few acres of snow, because all but one book we read dealt with Pre-revolutionary america.
So tell me i'm not strange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not strange at all.

Surely engendering the desire to re-enact such things to get a better understanding is a sign of a good teacher.

Perhaps suggest to them bringing in appropriate games to illustrate points they are covering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sessoms
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You hovered over this, now you owe me a cookie.
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see bringing in Labyrinth for my middle east in modern times class. But that'd be all. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.