Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Millennium Games is currently having a LivingSocial deal until 2/22 - either $5 for a 1 year membership at their LAN center, or (probably more relevant for most on this site) pay $10 for a $20 voucher good for "merchandise", including board games! This doesn't stack with the Rochester Board Game Society discount, but still a great deal!

(Sorry about the notice; I didn't even think to post this until I saw someone post the one in Seattle.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MP Szakos
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the notice.

I've yet to use Living Social.
I noticed that you can buy one "deal" for yourself, and up to three more for gifts to others. I'm just wondering if you can buy the four "deals" and stack them for one transaction in order to get $80 worth of merchandise for $40.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkyPete wrote:
I noticed that you can buy one "deal" for yourself, and up to three more for gifts to others. I'm just wondering if you can buy the four "deals" and stack them for one transaction in order to get $80 worth of merchandise for $40.

I don't know for certain, but I doubt it. I used mine yesterday and it didn't sound stackable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imp Rovius
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Eh, I think I'm going to avoid this service.

www.livingsocial.com?sort=published&direction=desc" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.livingsocial.com?sort=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
improvius wrote:

Yikes! Some nasty stuff on there.

My personal experience has been good (my wife and I each bought the Amazon thing when they launched; this is the second thing I got), but I won't claim to be representative. I have already used my voucher for Millennium, though, and all was well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Delaware
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've used LivingSocial a few times without issue. But, other services are definitely more flexible and forgiving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
improvius wrote:

I've used them a half dozen times with no incident, and in all cases enjoyed the business enough to eat/shop there regularly. I do think I have some issues with their business model long-term, but LS and Groupon have introduced me to some great restaurants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.