Popular Tags: [View All]
Boots
Australia
Petersham
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for scoring say:

"Remember that wine/whiskey is not only worth 1 [point], but also 1 coin, which means that 1 wine/whiskey plus 4 coins are worth a total of 2 [points]."

I can think of two ways to interpret this. Say I had nothing at game end apart from one whiskey and three coins. I can see two ways to score this, taking the above-quoted rule into account.

1) I add the two coins of the whiskey to the three coins I have, and trade it all in for a five coins token, scoring me 2 points.

2) I score the whiskey, gaining me 1 point. THEN I add the coins together for a total of five coins, but without trading the tokens. This nets me a total of 3 points.

I feel like option 1 is the least game-breaking and most in line with the rest of the game, whether the rules-as-written can be construed that way. I'm not sure which is correct though - can anyone enlighten me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Frenchville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Dice Brewing! Check out this new game by Board&Dice! B-)
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/750120/wine-worth-1vp-an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boots
Australia
Petersham
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I looked back through pages of stuff and even tried search, to no avail. Must be going blind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that means you only won by about 15 points, instead of about 30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.