Popular Tags: [View All]
Ishai BD
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I am interested in the game. On Columbia Games' website two versions of the 2nd edition are listed:
3151 - Crusader Rex 2nd Ed.
3151M - Crusader Rex 2nd Ed. with mounted map

If/when I buy I will most likely do so in a big order from one of the main online boardgame retailers (CSI, Boards and Bits, etc.).

Is there a way to know if the editions the online retailers sell include the mounted map or not?

Thanks,
Ishai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mounted map is the bonus for people who preordered the game, so I believe Columbia produced only very few of them and sell their leftover stock on their own site. I doubt you can get a mounted map from other retailers at all. At least, I would assume you get the regular, unmounted map if it is not specifically mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that they want an extra $30 for the mounted map version! That must be one helluva awesome mounted map for 30 bucks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
That must be one helluva awesome mounted map for 30 bucks!

Helluva small print run

Edit: the Shenandoah mounted map I got with my preorder is nice, but would not pay 30$ for it. 10$ yes, but not 30$. If you don't want the game as a collectors item, the regular (cardboard, not paper) map should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mounted Maps in these types of games is hardly necessary. Save yourself some money and get a piece of plexi for $15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ishai BD
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. So a new question instead:

What exactly is the difference between a mounted map and the regular map?
(I though the regular map would be a piece of paper, and the mounted one is mounted on cardboard or something, now I'm not sure.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ishaibd wrote:
Thanks for the replies. So a new question instead:

What exactly is the difference between a mounted map and the regular map?
(I though the regular map would be a piece of paper, and the mounted one is mounted on cardboard or something, now I'm not sure.)

The regular map is thin, relatively inflexible cardboard, and quite sturdy. Some people (those who also play games with paper maps) put a sheet of plexiglas on top, but that is not necessary.

I haven't seen the Crusader Rex mounted map, but the Shenandoah map is thick cardboard (about 2 mm) with nicely rounded corners. And you can see the cardboard core if you look at the edges, they are not covered with tape or cloth like most family boardgame boards.

Edit: found a picture of the mounted CR board, thanks to user prd1982:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ishai BD
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Niko for all your answers and for digging up that picture!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.