Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » QLD (Brisbane)

Subject: Looking for two others to buy Agents of SMERSH rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
Hi folks,
I'm looking to join forces with two other local gamers who are interested in Agents of Smersh http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1545517208/agents-of-sme... Cost would be 96 USD each. Check out the Kickstarter page for more info or search for it on the geek.

Here's the blurb:
Quote:
Agents of SMERSH is a cooperative Storytelling game that pits players as UN Secret Service Spies against SMERSH - set in an alternate 1970s timeline. The game comes with over 1500 written encounters - in a similar vein to Tales of the Arabian Nights - except game play is expanded, including custom dice to determine success or failure of encounters, and more strategic play from what is typically expected of a Storytelling board game. There are plenty of James Bond gadgets and pop references and detailed artwork - not to mention a touch of humor. The game features the artwork of George Patsouras (The Resistance & Flash Point).

Looks like the designers have made some smart choices with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
The international shipping price was not one of their smart choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
True, which is why they have the $290 deal to alleviate that.

Quote:
$290.00
*NEW* FOR INTERNATIONAL BACKERS (excludes Canada) To get shipping down I am grouping THREE COPIES OF GAME AND BOOK and all kickstarter rewards, including 3 copies of bonus character. FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. Gets the price down to just under a $100 each delivered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW your link has an extraneous fullstop on the end.

It still seems expensive, but I did pay $98 for Tales of the Arabian Nights. When does this offer end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hereby - and against my better judgement - express my interest.

(Damn you Kickstarter and your allure!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
@Friendless: Thanks, I've removed the full stop. The offer ends when the project is funded, March 19th.

@LineOf7's: Great Just need one more now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh OK, count me in. What do I gotta do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
Nothing yet. I'm happy to pay for it and ship it to you. After that you can reimburse me through Paypal or a direct deposit. I'll post an update here when I've added the funds to Kickstarter and another when the project closes (~March 20th.) Once a shipping date is confirmed I'll post that too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. The penny-saving begins, ready for March 19th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools

It's done. Just noticed that the project will be funded on March 19th, But the game won't be sent out until August. Arrgh that's a long wait! I'll pm you two if there are any updates between now and then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew. Will be keeping a close eye on things.

I don't know if there have been any 'backer only' updates yet, but if any come up and you remember (no pressure) it'd be cool if you could PM them through. Don't stress if you don't, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
Will do. No backer updates as yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been umming and ahhing if I want to pay the full backing price + delivering all day today.

I am interested if you are still needing one more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
@zayzayem I've got two fellow boardgamers already, but there is no reason you can't form your own triumvirate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, when it arrives we can decide whether you or I really want it most. It's not like I have nothing else to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Sounds good.
See you on Friday John.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
They made their funding goal of 100k that means each of us will receive:

30k. *REACHED!* The first reward will be THE TRAVEL DIE. It potentially makes the game a little tougher (the game is currently pretty tough). You roll it to get movement points AND to see if you can fly (flying an airplane is automatic in the core rules).

40K. *REACHED!* 2 MORE CHARACTER CARDS! George has started on NEW ILLUSTRATIONS (made in the likeness of two of our supporters).

50k *REACHED* A Master of Disguise - Luring you in and targeting your weakness. THE 5TH HENCHMAN CARD!
65K *REACHED* MORE BOOK ENCOUNTERS! This was a tough decision. But since we have time to work on the book as the base game is printing - and you guys are so great - I will be adding 100 more encounters for a total around 1640-1650.

82,057 *REACHED* POKER CHIP MINI EXPANSION - KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE. Each $50+ pledge will receive a custom printed (both sides) and professional grade clay poker chip - and instructions for its uses in the game. This chip will also be attached to the special ability of one of the KS only character cards.

The poker chip is dual sided and you will spin it to get a result. You can use it during gambling or other one time "Hail Mary" actions. The best use will be with the additional KS character card.

100K - ENGRAVED DICE. Big stretch for a big reward. UPGRADED DICE. The 6 custom dice that come with the base game will be ENGRAVED. That 6 unique large 20mm dice, engraved. (Excludes the Travel Die).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
Things are moving along nicely, the components are being produced.
From kickstarter:
Quote:
Off to Origins next week. Unfortunately, a hard copy of SMERSH will arrive the week after Origins. But I am still very excited. I have been sent the soft files and as I looked them over I was in awe at all the components compiled together. There is a lot.
I will update with a lot of exciting news the week after Origins. Stay tuned,

Jason

Cheers,
Anyx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent - thanks for the update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
Latest (long)update - shooting for a september release

Quote:
Over a year of work and it is done!

Panda wants to print the book and send it with the game. I thought this would delay production but apparently not. They are not even ready to start printing the book I was told yesterday. They are still printing the dice. This was a surprise. Apparently engraved dice really slow things down. Good to know in the future.

One thing I didn't think about. I will have to unseal the game to sign the books. I hope most of you are okay with that. If you rather it come sealed, I can reseal the boxes again manually. But I am just hoping I don't have to reseal all 800 that requested signatures. We'll talk more about that later.

I will finish formatting the Book this week and send it over. Here is an excerpt from the beginning of the book. Sorry about the cut and paste formatting.

...And yes a secret I've held onto for quite some time... You may notice in reading below that the Canadians are evil in SMERSH. We had a lot of fun with that. It might explain a few things...

RECURRING CHARACTERS YOU WILL MEET

The Director
The unnamed ‘Director’ is the stern father figure who coordinates UN agents worldwide. Your only contact with him is usually over the telephone or via a recorded message, but he has been known to deliver personal briefings in the field when the occasion demands. Firm but fair, he is always prepared to overlook the unorthodox methods of his top agents if they get results. Well, almost always.

Dr. FX
A kindly, gray-haired man in his 60’s, Dr. FX is the UN’s gadget man. He can build anything out of anything, and his gadgets have gotten you out of more scrapes than you care to remember. Although he prefers working in his underground lab in Paris, he often pops up in the field to provide you with his latest implausible – yet invaluable – invention.

Agent XXY
Why does the UN persist in employing this man? He’s a lazy, reckless, arrogant lummox. You’ve lost count of the number of times he’s jeopardized missions through his incompetence and his tendency to charge into situations without thinking. And why, whenever you’re captured and facing certain death, does it always seem to be Agent XXY’s grinning mug that appears to rescue you? The Director must have a warped sense of humor.

Agent MAX
The model UN Agent. Always there to give you a helping hand. And if anyone ever messes with Agent MAX, well they better run...

The Unknown Spy
A legend among secret agents, it is rumored that the Unknown Spy works for British Intelligence. He is only ever assigned to the deadliest, most difficult cases, crisscrossing the globe in impeccable style. Once in a while, when the situation is hopeless and death, or worse, seems imminent, the Unknown Spy will appear from nowhere, set the world to rights, then disappear in search of a vodka martini.

The Small Man
True to his name, the Small Man is under 4 feet tall, but is the world’s foremost expert in electronics, particularly as applied to espionage. His priorities lie with ENIGMA - or so you believe - a shadowy organization about which frustratingly little information is available. All you know is that occasionally The Small Man deigns to help UN agents in trouble. But this can come at a steep price. Whether this is all to defeat SMERSH in the name of justice, or simply to take their place in the race for world domination, has yet to become clear.

Corduroy Blu
The daughter of Fedor Maximov, Corduroy has a deep loathing for her father. So much so that she is willing to go to great lengths to foil his schemes and those of his employer, Dr. Lobo. Who knows – if she thinks that you have a chance of taking Fedor down once and for all, she might just stick around.

Rupert Merson
To the public, Rupert Merson is an elderly Australian media tycoon who owns newspapers and television stations on every continent. To the world’s intelligence services, Merson is an evil manipulator who uses his media outlets and political influence to further SMERSH’s aims whenever possible. Yet he seems untouchable.

Timmy Dibbler
Dibbler became Prime Minister of Canada 2 years ago. One of his first acts was to sell his country to SMERSH, and since then Canada has descended into chaos and poverty. Dibbler likes to think he is a major player on the world scene, but everyone knows he is Dr. Lobo’s puppet. And he still lives with his grandmother.

The Family
From humble beginnings in Texas, the tentacles of this insidious end-of-days cult have stretched far and wide. Dr. Lobo soon realized the benefits of having an army of brainwashed young people devoted to his cause. Today, Family sects can be found all over the world, abducting the local youth and putting them to work in whatever nefarious schemes SMERSH sees fit.

ENIGMA?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
There are other recurring characters that we will keep you guessing about. Play the game to meet The Shadow, Dr. Death and many others that await you...
Have fun playing Agents of SMERSH!

Jason

Cheers,
Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent - thankyou for that.

My first thought was "Why didn't I get this update?!"... and then I realised. whistle So thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
Shipping in 2-3 weeks! According to the designer

Quote:
Sorry for the late update. I've been under the weather for a while now. And busy finishing up our other game for the printer.

Gencon was great. I demoed nonstop - not even making time for lunch - and the response was all very positive. Several people have posted in the forums on BGG about the demos. It seems everyone really enjoyed the game. And I had a blast as well.

The game is mostly printed. It is being assembled right now. The only other thing they need to print is the book, so hopefully the games will ship in 2-3 weeks. That's a hopeful guess.

I was able to pick up 1500 copies of the promo card. I really appreciate the guys at Coolstuff. They went out of their way to promote the game and make sure I had everything I needed. Really great guys working there, and they love games just like the rest of us. Oh, and they did make a video. Keep checking their site for that.

I'll post again when the game ships from China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate the update. I'll believe "2-3 weeks" when I see it but that's okay, plenty of other things to do while waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, wake me up when it really ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Robertson
Australia
Logan
Queensland
flag msg tools
Definitely. I'm pessimistically hopeful we will get it by November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.