Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave clifford
United States
portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why do shattered units not leave behind a cadre but destroyed units do? With the new rules you can now replace a cadre with a shattered unit but the shattered unit never left behind a cadre in the first place. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A shattered unit hasn't sustained the losses a destroyed unit has, think of it as having its morale broken and routed. It can be reorganized quickly since it is still mostly intact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Scott says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave clifford
United States
portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It seems to me that a shattered result is worse then a defender eliminated result if you have a cadre. A DD or EX result will cost a card but you get a cadre to plug the line and allow the eliminated unit to reappear right at the front undisorganized. A shattered unit dosen't leave behind a cadre so there is a hole in the line and the unit reappears disorganized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dvsimp wrote:
It seems to me that a shattered result is worse then a defender eliminated result if you have a cadre. A DD or EX result will cost a card but you get a cadre to plug the line and allow the eliminated unit to reappear right at the front undisorganized. A shattered unit dosen't leave behind a cadre so there is a hole in the line and the unit reappears disorganized.

If it's a German unit and the first step loss, that step will cost 2 cards to replace, I would prefer it to be Shattered!

You can also use rule 16.6 if you like.

Plus you do need to have a Cadre unit available, AND you don't get the choice where to put back your eliminated unit in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave clifford
United States
portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was talking about an eliminated, not a reduced unit. 16.6? Where is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dvsimp wrote:
I was talking about an eliminated, not a reduced unit. 16.6? Where is that?

Ooops, I meant 15.5, (and 7.10).

[15.5] Faster Reorganization
As an exception to 7.10, discarding a card where your side’s
Event shows the current side’s Initiative symbol on it allows
the removal of up to two Disorganized markers.

EXAMPLE: During an early Game Turn, the Soviet player
discards his “Rasputitsa” Event card (with its Axis Initiative
symbol on it) to Reorganize units during his Organization Phase.
Thus he can remove up to two Disorganized markers.

[7.10] Reorganization
Disorganized markers will be removed from newly placed
units for free later in the turn during the Marker Removal
Phase (11 .2). If the player wishes to make Disorganized
units combat-ready immediately, he discards one card at
this time for each Disorganized marker so removed.

At least I now give the players a choice in making a shattered unit appear on a Cadre unit. Before they had no such leeway. So stop complaining or I'm sending you to a Siberian Lead Mine, Comrade: especially since I do need more 15mm Napoleonic Miniatures anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave clifford
United States
portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
[/q}

At least I now give the players a choice in making a shattered unit appear on a Cadre unit. [/q]

That never could have come from the shattered unit in the first place. Sorry, couldn't resist, I'll go work in the lead mines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dvsimp wrote:
That never could have come from the shattered unit in the first place. Sorry, couldn't resist, I'll go work in the lead mines.

Well... Nah, you're too much of a "nit-picker", not a good candidate for the Siberian Lead Mines: You would never be able to produce a good quota anyway.

Say, would a position on the German High Command Staff suit your fancy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.