Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Temple
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two things:

1) This isn't currently available, although you might be able to pick it up in the second-hand market. The Geek Store is supposed to carry it, hopefully very soon!

2) The Hades expansion adds 8 (I think) similar divine favors that get shuffled randomly and added to the lowest active god on the board, so this is really designed to just add a 9th divine favor to the game. Hecate should come up randomly and periodically, not be a constant new ability. Then again, you can house rule whatever you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oeste wrote:
What I am wondering is whether or not it will unbalance the game. Will players care less about Neptune, for instance, if they don't need the boat chain to move troops?
Definitely. But it's all a miss-mash of opportunistic powers as is. The bidding is what let the players balance that. Over-powered or for the situation very good powers will become harder to get/cost more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One in nine chance that it will show it + 011223 dice = 1.5 at average = what about rolling dice and when you hit 13 or 14 total put Hecate beside the second last god?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good idea, but maybe that is a bit hard. Why not use the rules the use for Hades a little modified:

At the start for each round roll a dice. Add the total together wih the rolls for the privious rounds. One you reach a total of 9 or higher reset the total and bring in Hecate next the second last god.

Take out Hecate when the round is over and start over with a new total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except it's the same just with 9 instead of 13 or 14 =P

May have been 8 divine favors with Hecate so 8*1.5 (average roll) = 12.

No need to "reset" anything, just put it beside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guilty as Charged. A good idea but you have to give the credit to Johan. I basically snached his idea, change it a little and explaned it so people that didn't know the Hades rules would understand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The number can be anything you want. If you use 9 Hacate will appear 2-4 times in a game. If you want her to appear more often use a lower number. If you want to make her appear less often use a higher number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course it can. I was like that in the base game chance would be 1/8 or 1/9 depending on whatever there's 7 or 8 divine favors in the expansion.

The average for a lots of rolls of the die would be 1.5 so to get say 1/8 chance for it to show up you'd need to roll (lots of rolls and rounds) 1.5*8=12 in total. 24 if you roll both dice I guess.

Anyway, seriously, the Hecate tile is 5 USD, the Manticore is 2.5, both with bags (not necessary but it was how it could be bought) is 10 euro.

So you would pay 7.5 usd for those two items. The expansion cost what in the US? 40 USD? It adds much more for 40 USD than the Hecate stuff do for 7.5. 30 euro for Hades vs 10 euro for Hecate + Manticore + bags?

Of course you want all and just pay it and be done with it. But I think it's a flaw in the argument if you think Hecate is worth it but not the expansion because "it's all chrome" or whatever.

If you don't want to get more things the game work well without Hecate to. Ares or Zeus + pegasus. Your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also try out module #1 of the Hades rules. You can find the pdf here on BBG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.