Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Great silence surrounds MoM rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe likeitornot@freemail.hu
Hungary
flag msg tools
Greetings everyone!

As I have read here (did not buy it, seeing the errors made by FFG) the latest expansion released for this game was a failure. Since FFG confessed it in the beginning of January, there are no news about this game or any info on upcoming expansions for MoM on the FFG website (while before the failure you could see at least 3 or 4 MoM-related news per month). What could this mean? Did they give up on the game or are they taking their job seriously from now on?

Before playing MoM i played a few times the base game of Arkham Horror. It was fun but too long for our group of players (sometimes it took us 5 hours to beat the game). I am writing this because i dont know much about AH but i am curious wether FFG had the same problems with it in the beginning. I mean did they make errors (i mean gameplay related)in the first few expansions but after a while did those dissapear and made the game better? Can we hope that MoM will get better also?

I am not a native english speaker but i hope what i want to say is clear to everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
This game has been expanded at a pretty rediculous rate. The game isn't even a year old and it has 4 expansions already. I think it's acceptable if MoM goes quiet for a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hungary
flag msg tools
I am not saying that I miss a new expansion. I was just wondering if a new expansion comes out will that be one that satisfies the players` needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wallet alone is grateful for the break...

Be nice to think that FFG might actually be working up a FAQ for the PoD expansions, as well as putting the finishing touches on the FA errata pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
There was always a gap of a couple of months between each POD expansion coming out, and those were just one scenario. Forbidden Alchemy is three scenarios plus a bunch of extra components; I'm not surprised they're waiting more than a couple of months after that to print more MoM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now FFG is working on the second print run of Forbidden Alchemy; we're unlikely to hear anything about MoM until FA's problem are fixed and out in stores.

I personally love MoM and it has tons of promise to deliver an awesome Lovecraftian experience in 2-3 hours. I hope FA's issues get sorted out, because once it is I'm buying it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hungary
flag msg tools
hoobajoo wrote:

I personally love MoM and it has tons of promise to deliver an awesome Lovecraftian experience in 2-3 hours. I hope FA's issues get sorted out, because once it is I'm buying it up.

This is exactly how i feel about it also. There are deffinitely great ideas in the PoD expansions that i like (like the crawling hand, head and the shoggoth eating corpses to heal himself) this is why I hope that after a while (hopefully soon) FFG will learn from the mistakes and my group of players will spend more evenings in the mansion of madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think FFG wanted to handle MoM like the handle AH, but the problem is MoM is a much more delicate game, which requires more play testing and fine-tuning before a product can be fit to publish. Hopefully the Forbidden Alchemy debacle is enough to make them re-think their approach to the game, and release less frequent but higher quality supplements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Holmstrom
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
We_play_at_work wrote:
hoobajoo wrote:

This is exactly how i feel about it also. There are deffinitely great ideas in the PoD expansions that i like (like the crawling hand, head and the shoggoth eating corpses to heal himself) this is why I hope that after a while (hopefully soon) FFG will learn from the mistakes and my group of players will spend more evenings in the mansion of madness.

I feel the same way. We have a great time playing MoM. My hope is that FFG has learned that they need to have serious outside playtesting with MoM expansions to avoid the costly problems they had with the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We_play_at_work wrote:
I am not saying that I miss a new expansion. I was just wondering if a new expansion comes out will that be one that satisfies the players` needs.

Have you tried the fanmade scenarios?

I see MoM as an RPG with boardgame rules. And, back in *my* days, we didn't need no stinking premade adventures. We made our own! And we *liked* it that way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.