Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [US] Homesteaders 2nd Edition $19.99 on Tanga
I think a good deal is a good deal, but either way we're talking about a couple $$$. This is doesn't seem like something worth discussing even mildy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SommerMatt wrote:
"Bundling" orders seems like it ultimately wastes more money than it saves. Instead of just buying the one game you REALLY want, you toss in three other games you "sort of" want in order to bring your total up to $100.

If you approached it like that, then I agree. Personally I have never once added something to an order that I wasn't guaranteed to buy otherwise.

SommerMatt wrote:

The other thing to think about here is "how much is your time worth"? Is it worth $7 in order to play a game 5-6 month earlier than you would if you waited to bundle? YMMV. Doesn't seem like a particularly silly decision to make.

I hear you, but with SO many different games to play even waiting 6 months seems like no great loss when at the end of the year making that decision a few times means I actually have a broader selection to choose from for the same investment.

Meanwhile there are countless collectors with a pile of games they have yet to play while still acquiring new ones. I'm not sure that anyone has ever argued that this hobby (or any other for that matter) is rational to begin with. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone in SF / East Bay want to go in on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:
I think a good deal is a good deal, but either way we're talking about a couple $$$. This is doesn't seem like something worth discussing even mildy.

that's tanga for you ... if you're lucky, you'll save a couple dollars over what's available online ... and if someone really wanted a given game, would a couple dollars cheaper (if lucky) on tanga persuade one to buy it not? i think many of us have a lot of games by now, and a couple dollars on a game won't move us. apparently a lot of people are swayed by low (before shipping prices).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lingwei ko
Singapore
flag msg tools
This is not the clue you are looking for.
mbmbmbmbmb
In for one, thanks for the headsup. Too much crap on Tanga, sometimes the good deals get missed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
OliverOil wrote:

that's tanga for you ... if you're lucky, you'll save a couple dollars over what's available online ... and if someone really wanted a given game, would a couple dollars cheaper (if lucky) on tanga persuade one to buy it not? i think many of us have a lot of games by now, and a couple dollars on a game won't move us. apparently a lot of people are swayed by low (before shipping prices).

If somebody has been looking at Homesteaders, but can't justify paying $32 + shipping (because they can't afford bulk ordering for free shipping), then that $12 can make the difference imo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elltrain wrote:
Anyone in SF / East Bay want to go in on this?

I am, but I'm in the South Bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Truesdell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Glad to have heard about this deal before the deadline! This was on the BF's want list. We ordered 3 copies. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G

Mentor
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
Also, people should buy this because Tanga needs to realize they need new blood in their game supply. If I see Golden City, Duel in the Dark, etc pop up again, I will have to write them.

Next offer...

3-Pack Champion: Medium Control Absolute Work-out Wire-Free Sports Bra

Good job Tanga!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
scottieGGGG wrote:
JBMoby wrote:
Also, people should buy this because Tanga needs to realize they need new blood in their game supply. If I see Golden City, Duel in the Dark, etc pop up again, I will have to write them.

Next offer...

Good job Tanga!

Does this not appeal to the board gaming crowd?

LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilcoxon
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
scottieGGGG wrote:

Next offer...

Good job Tanga!

LOL

I for one welcome I our lifting yet seperating overlords!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon H.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have!
badge
Ron Swanson!
mbmbmbmbmb
They've also got power struggle which they've been trying to sell for over a year I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G

Mentor
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
scottieGGGG wrote:
JBMoby wrote:

Next offer...

Good job Tanga!

LOL

Wow.. but THEN.. it's Troyes the Board Game on Friday. Not a bad week for games on Tanga.

TMG: Any insight from publisher side on how games a fed to Tanga? Your thoughts? It's more marketing (on sale for a good price on a watched site)? Is it more clearance / movement of old games?

How did Homesteader end up there?

I've followed thread before about Tanga deals... with some opinions that once it's on Tanga.. the game starts to tail spin in price (over the hump). Thoughts/Opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
scottieGGGG wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:
scottieGGGG wrote:
JBMoby wrote:

Next offer...

Good job Tanga!

LOL

Wow.. but THEN.. it's Troyes the Board Game on Friday. Not a bad week for games on Tanga.

TMG: Any insight from publisher side on how games a fed to Tanga? Your thoughts? It's more marketing (on sale for a good price on a watched site)? Is it more clearance / movement of old games?

How did Homesteader end up there?

I've followed thread before about Tanga deals... with some opinions that once it's on Tanga.. the game starts to tail spin in price (over the hump). Thoughts/Opinions?

I think that games end up on Tanga for one of 2 reasons.

#1) because it is time to liquidate and get money out of a failed product.
#2) because growth of audience is happening too slowly.

For Homesteaders it is number 2. It is in a situation where I hear consistently about how great the game is (positively compared to top 10 BGG games) but it sells slowly and grows it's reviews slowly.

Getting a couple of hundred people off of the fence, buy the game, and then play it will help in the long run.

I don't know how many games are fed to Tanga in general, but we sold 300 copies of Homesteaders. Which based on January's distribution numbers is 7 months worth of sales...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to heard you sold that many copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
I don't know how many games are fed to Tanga in general, but we sold 300 copies of Homesteaders. Which based on January's distribution numbers is 7 months worth of sales...

Michael, your ongoing helpfulness and transparency is so refreshing. It makes me want to buy your games even if I didn't think I would like them or play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Buckley
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:

Michael, your ongoing helpfulness and transparency is so refreshing. It makes me want to buy your games even if I didn't think I would like them or play them.

QFT. I have bought a few TMG games already and eagerly follow their listings on KickStarter as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri

Manchester
New Hampshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email saying my order has shipped! I've been waiting for this game since I ordered it.

I went from not knowing anything about this game to having an extreme passion to play it. TMG made a good call on selling it on tanga!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine 2 days ago, the components are absolutely amazing! Planning to play it tonight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.