• [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
violintides wrote:
I hope you have a big slice of humble pie ready Avin. Eat your words when I die and the game isn't over.

To be honest, I wasn't 100% sure and my sole remaining doubt was because Shush wasn't voting for you when it seemed to me that he really ought to if he was villager. The only way that I would have moved my vote however was if Shush began to act sufficiently shady or Tyraziel began to act sufficiently good to make me doubt my earlier assessment. Tyr's recent posts though convinced me that I was right.

Oh, and I was agoraphobic so I wouldn't have died in the night in case you would have tried to kill me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
violintides wrote:
I hope you have a big slice of humble pie ready Avin. Eat your words when I die and the game isn't over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
Defender of the Grid! "I Fight for the Users!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was the Priestly Sorc....

Was I really THAT obvious?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Violins checklist:
Never playing a 5ER again. Period.
A wolf hit on the first night is OP when the wolf can't hardly be here :/

:sore loser:

I remember what made me pick you. I was checking up on the game to see if it started yet. You were one of the first to post, asking when the game was starting. I felt you must have had a juicy role if you were that ready to play. So I picked you as my first view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyraziel wrote:

Defending against a seer wolf hit and claiming a false role? Yes, you were pretty obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, it should probably be clear in the first post that the Sorcerer and Wolf don't know each other. People shouldn't be able to use or claim ignorance of the role set as a means of clearing themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyraziel wrote:

When you started to turn on me. I was like "Oh no my buddy tyz has fallen to the dark side" It hurt man lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
Tyraziel wrote:

Defending against a seer wolf hit and claiming a false role? Yes, you were pretty obvious.

In hindsight 20/20. Plus it helped that I picked your role and Hunter went uncountered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Tyraziel wrote:

I had you pegged from your "fellow threadmates!" post.

Your posts where you ignored the claims, "agreed" with Zen and yet somehow decided to "pressure" me were what initially made me think evil on you.

The way you came about pushing the theory that Zen was wolf claiming seer just seemed bizarre.

Your "well done" post to Zen really sealed it. I was serious when I said I can't see you making such a post as a good. A good who believed we were mislynching might make a similar post in despair, but the tone was completely wrong for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seer
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5er is its own beast. I encourage peeps to read up on it before playing but I doubt many really do.

The best way is to learn by experience anyway.

It can be daunting but can be hella fun too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
clockworkd wrote:
ninja
Raging seer with a N0 hit? Nasty.
ninja

Did you read the last game? Reflective seer, ghostly wolf...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Tyraziel wrote:

When you started to turn on me. I was like "Oh no my buddy tyz has fallen to the dark side" It hurt man lol

Nothing personal.... just werewolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyraziel wrote:
ZenMonkey11 wrote:
Tyraziel wrote:

Nothing personal.... just werewolf

Yeah I know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Violins checklist:
Never playing a 5ER again. Period.

Ummmmmm..... Oh never mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
California
flag msg tools
"Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life." --Natalie Babbitt, 'Tuck Everlasting'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
5er is its own beast. I encourage peeps to read up on it before playing but I doubt many really do.

The best way is to learn by experience anyway.

It can be daunting but can be hella fun too.

Sorry, I dislike the overpowered roleset. Maybe I will try it again when it's not so (a) confusing and (b) powered way too heavily towards good.

*shrug*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seer
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I should make these into 6ers and add one more unique role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Do something to avoid a tie-breaker endgame race

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
dbmurph22 wrote:

Make it aux evil for maximum chaos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seer
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

That's why the new tiebreak is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seer
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avin wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:

Make it aux evil for maximum chaos.

Probably some sort of weak one if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I readily admit that I don't fully grok your new tie break, it seems overly complex in what it aims to achieve. But if there is a final 4, I think there may still be a race condition as the four first votes will add to

1+2+3+4=10

Say 1 and two got in their votes first and are on the same team, then 3 and four are on he other team. 2 wins the tiebreak, right?

if 4 keeps changing re-voting to make the total odd, but not prime, and divisible by his vote number, then that is just another kind of race as the 2 could then join in until the deadline.

What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seer
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I readily admit that I don't fully grok your new tie break, it seems overly complex in what it aims to achieve. But if there is a final 4, I think there may still be a race condition as the four first votes will add to

1+2+3+4=10

Say 1 and two got in their votes first and are on the same team, then 3 and four are on he other team. 2 wins the tiebreak, right?

if 4 keeps changing re-voting to make the total odd, but not prime, and divisible by his vote number, then that is just another kind of race as the 2 could then join in until the deadline.

What am I missing?

Sure, there is still a race involved in some fashion. But there are limitations. A player disqualifies her/himself if that person votes repeatedly and there is a ceiling to the voting...so there is some positioning involved.

I was just wanted to make a moving target as I thought the post dawn race is less palatable than some other type of manuevering.

With variable powers and low # of players, ties are much more likely so I know I needed to do something with it. I aimed to not make it too complex...I think it is moderately complex as is. Highest numbered divisible vote flows fairly easily.

I'd be open to another way to create another way. I thought of giving a power as a tiebreak. I thought of make a certain role have to guess a number and the closest wins (akin to Gandalf vs Saruman in LOTR games), but it seemed too random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmb
ninja lots of fun to watch and learn! Thanks for letting me lurk and for the links to other fivers. They seem intense... But fun! . ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was intense. I learned something that I shouldn't do if I get sorc again... claim villager... lol I should've claimed seer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.