Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the ripe old age of 51, I'm gonna be a father! First one for my wife and I after getting married (for the first time each) 5 years ago. Went through 3 IVFs (that we had to pay for ourselves at $8,000-10,000 each) and finally got a positive result...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news! Congrats! As a dad of two kids, I can tell you there's nothing else like it in the world! Of course, I could have skipped the whole diapers thing, but hey, it was worth it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
badge
"No matter how low your opinion of Washington DC, it's nothing compared to Washington DC's low opinion of you."
mb
Grimstax wrote:
At the ripe old age of 51, I'm gonna be a father!

Your child will keep you young long after the rest of us have shuffled off to the nursing homes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! One piece of advice: Do not get pissed if people assume that you're the kid's grandfather. You're going to have to expect that. A buddy of mine in high school had a dad who was 70 (55 when my friend was born.) People are just going to assume that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alphonse Leathernuts
United States
Trinity County
California
flag msg tools
mb
Congrats. Your a brave man to have a baby at 51.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
badge
"No matter how low your opinion of Washington DC, it's nothing compared to Washington DC's low opinion of you."
mb
berserkley wrote:
Congratulations! One piece of advice: Do not get pissed if people assume that you're the kid's grandfather. You're going to have to expect that.

I got that the day I first took our oldest to Kindergarten. I was 43.

Here's a suggestion:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mb
My son is almost 5 months old now. It's amazing and fun, especially when I can stay awazzzzzzzzzzzz...............
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredyth
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
My Dad was 46 when he had me and he is a fabulous father. I think the older you are the better parents you make. Also, it never bothered me that people thought my dad was my grandfather - I knew he was cooler than all their parents combined

Congrats on the good news and put your running shoes on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
HYPERBOLE! It's like the greatest thing ever!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
'grats, and have some GeekGold to go with it. It won't make up for the sleepless nights, but every little bit helps.

BTW, older parents tend to produce smarter children.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Oliveira
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to you and your wife!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Dad!

All the best in the amazing adventure which awaits you, your wife, and your child.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats and best of luck! I think of all the running around my two little ones put me through and while I'm older than the average parent, I certainly no where near 51. Good luck and enjoy every minute of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
berserkley wrote:
Congratulations! One piece of advice: Do not get pissed if people assume that you're the kid's grandfather. You're going to have to expect that.

I got that the day I first took our oldest to Kindergarten. I was 43.

Here's a suggestion:

That wouldn't have worked on my friend's Dad. He looked a lot like this actor:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! It's gonna be an adventure, but there's no better adventure in the world!

berserkley wrote:
Congratulations! One piece of advice: Do not get pissed if people assume that you're the kid's grandfather. You're going to have to expect that. A buddy of mine in high school had a dad who was 70 (55 when my friend was born.) People are just going to assume that.

I knew someone who was even older; his youngest was about 5 or 6, I think, and he was pushing 70. It wasn't his first marriage (he had kids from a previous one), and his wife was in her 40s, but it was interesting nonetheless.

On the other hand, my baby sister is almost 17 years younger than me. When she was a newborn, I went to the mall with my mom and the baby. I had the stroller and my mom went into a store, and I had several people ask me about "my daughter".

Age is all relative!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratz! New boardgame players are always welcome!

You made me feel teenager-parent having the mine with 27!

Its an amazing grace childrens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! Being a dad is AWESOME!

And seriously, it couldn't be happening to a better guy.

All my best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My two sons are the best things that ever happened to me, and remain so at 24 & 26. Congratulations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Children are awesome.
Many congrats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
there is a book, babywise, how to get your kid to sleep thru the night in 8 weeks.

GET IT.

It worked on both our kids. I give a copy to all my friends. A few it didn't work for, and later, I found out they didn't follow it faithfully. Trust me it works and in 2 months, you will be SO GLAD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Agosta

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb

Wootz! Congratz!

Now that you are going to be a parent be sure to learn "kid speak" I believe Wootz and Congratz are a good place to start....Or is it just "gratz"? Is "wootz" outdated too?

Dang kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the good wishes!

I'm already practicing things like saying, "Because I said so!" and "That's why we can't have nice things!" and "I'll stop this car!"

But I have to find time as much of my free time is being spent learning to say things like "You kids get off my lawn!" and "I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!" because of my age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!

I became one 5 weeks ago. Dont let people scare you with horror stories about non stop crying and no sleep!

good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My oldest son didn't sleep through the night until he was 8 months old. My wife and I went to a meeting in Hawaii for a week and left him with one of our neighbors (who didn't hear very well).

She didn't hear him crying out at night - when we got home he was sleeping through the night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.