tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean O
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested, if we have someone who is happy to have the responsibility of being a mod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Allen
United States
Chicago
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to play as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
6th!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simao Reis
Angola
flag msg tools
I don't mind moderating the game.

Does everybody agree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knight4
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Fine by me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Walker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smnreis wrote:
I don't mind moderating the game.

Does everybody agree?

Sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
By all means. Provided you're willing to swear a mod's oath on the honor of your house

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Allen
United States
Chicago
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean O
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy with that.

So players are:
J P (location?)
Simao (location?) (mod)
Douglas (US)
Dean (AU)
Jeff (US)
Steffen (DK)

Simao, you may want to ask 1awesomeguy about his experience being a mod in the other thread, and also let us know how you'd like to handle orders and cards (Westeros/Wilding/House).

A few decisions to make:
1. Random or assigned houses?
2. ToB cards?
3. [House rule] Blade can be used in battles where the holder is merely supporting another player, to add +1 to the supported player's combat strength, with the holder making the decision after House cards are revealed (as normal)?

My vote is:
1) Don't mind
2) No
3) Yes

None of those preferences are strong. Anything else to be decided?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1: I'd vote for random.

2: Well my only objection to no ToB cards is that you can pre-combat calculate that you will win the battle 12 strength to 11 (assuming both plays their highest card). A 100% chance of victory in a 12-11 battle seems odd, is all I wouldn't mind playing with a nerfed ToB deck, something like 50% 0's and no 3's.

3: Good idea.

4: I assume we're playing with 2nd ed. rulings and house cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knight4
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
I'm from Portugal.

I vote:

1) Don't mind EDIT but now that you mention it, i've never played with tyrell or martell and i'd love to try them out whistle
2) No.
3) Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Walker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my preferences:

1. I've never been Lannister or Tyrell, so I'd prefer one of those. But it's not a big deal.
2. I prefer TOB cards, but with two modifications. First, we take out the +3 cards. Second, we don't allow the holder of the Blade to use the blade to redraw a TOB card (so as to save time).
3. I'm fine with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Allen
United States
Chicago
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prefs:

1. Random!
2. Meh, never sold on TOB, but I'm cool with em.
3. Not too keen on this idea, but I'm alright if the majority is in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J O
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
How does playing this game on the forums work? I'd like to play, but I don't know the first thing about forum play....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean O
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JacksonOh wrote:
How does playing this game on the forums work? I'd like to play, but I don't know the first thing about forum play....

This thread is about starting an actual game, please post elsewhere (there are already such discussions in other threads). Thanks.

econtra wrote:
I assume we're playing with 2nd ed. rulings and house cards.

I hope that's what we're all assuming. Between the official FAQ and responses from FFG posted here, hopefully there won't be any disputes about rules.

Regarding the decisions to be made:
1) Two for random, two for determined. Decision is down to Simao.
2) Three for no ToB, two for ToB. If Simao wants them in, we'll need to discuss further, otherwise no ToB.
3) Four in favour of being able to use the Blade to assist a player being supported by the holder, we'll be playing with that rule.

I trust that's all ok with everyone.

Simao, I recommend starting a new thread for the actual game with a frequently updated map in the first post.

In case the above doesn't give it away, I'm keen to get started

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simao Reis
Angola
flag msg tools

Sorry for the radio silence.

I started thinking on how I would maintain the game map and after a while decided to write a few scripts to help me with that.

So here's the result
http://ec2-46-137-11-59.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com/game...

In the top bar I was thinking of showing the influence track positions in a dropdown menu.

What do you guys think?

Also, any suggestions on how I should show the players available cards and power tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Allen
United States
Chicago
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That's pretty damn cool, I like that thing a lot. You could do the cards and PTs with similar drop down menus, house specific, so that people could see what on request. That might be too complicated though, might be best to just post that with every turn update.

Cool as hell map though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simao Reis
Angola
flag msg tools
Quote:

Regarding the decisions to be made:
1) Two for random, two for determined. Decision is down to Simao.
2) Three for no ToB, two for ToB. If Simao wants them in, we'll need to discuss further, otherwise no ToB.
3) Four in favour of being able to use the Blade to assist a player being supported by the holder, we'll be playing with that rule.

1 - Random. So that they have (even) more excuses to play again
2 - No ToB.

Quote:

Simao, I recommend starting a new thread for the actual game with a frequently updated map in the first post.

Fine by me, just as soon as we decide who is who.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean O
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's terrific Simao! In addition to the Iron Throne, Fiefdoms and King's Court tracks, you should include Supply and Victory (Castles/Strongholds), and place a Wildling marker on that track (or create some kind of drop-down as well, your call).

Regarding Power tokens and House cards, if you can incorporate them somehow that'd be great, but if not that's also fine. Having the cards updated in the first post with strikethrough, e.g. Eddard Stark, is an alternative.

So, what system would you like to use to randomise house selection, as well as Westeros and Wildling cards? Keep in mind that Wildling cards can be viewed in advance by the holder of the Raven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seli L
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
DeanAU wrote:
That's terrific Simao! In addition to the Iron Throne, Fiefdoms and King's Court tracks, you should include Supply and Victory (Castles/Strongholds), and place a Wildling marker on that track (or create some kind of drop-down as well, your call).

Regarding Power tokens and House cards, if you can incorporate them somehow that'd be great, but if not that's also fine. Having the cards updated in the first post with strikethrough, e.g. Eddard Stark, is an alternative.

So, what system would you like to use to randomise house selection, as well as Westeros and Wildling cards? Keep in mind that Wildling cards can be viewed in advance by the holder of the Raven.

Just in case you care, it looks like you're trying to invent a wheel that's been already invented. E.g. http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/761650/new-game has everything that should be needed to run a PBEM/PBF game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simao Reis
Angola
flag msg tools
DeanAU wrote:

Thanks. I'll add the Supply and Victory tracks in a moment.

Quote:

I updated the link showing the House cards after you select one in the dropdown menu.

Quote:

Let me check the posted link to see what they're doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knight4
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Shear genious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.