United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink...
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how difficult it would be to balance new character cards for BSG Express...

I'm fine with the initial offering of playable characters but I was wondering if anyone had begun testing some of the rest of the cast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently moderating a PBF game with a new set of the 10 Base game characters I designed. You can see the game here

My current thoughts on these is that they are too pro-Human - it's hard for the Cylons to gain any advantage. So, I think they still need some tweaking (and I'll probably get rid of the new Titles completely).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts as well, Ripshawd. Would be nice if we can tweak them, though; I like the variety.

The titles might be interesting if we can rework them so there's a potential Cylon benefit or use.

Hardest part with adding any extra stuff is that BSGx is so tightly worked already, it's hard to add without really throwing things.

I'd also like to work up some other Cylon cards, but what would they do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Smith
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solclaim wrote:

Just off the top of my head:
-move the prep for jump back 1
-if any colonial ships have been removed from the game, return 1 colonial ship to unknown pile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Morris
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Puquak wrote:
-if any colonial ships have been removed from the game, return 1 colonial ship to unknown pile

Wouldn't this actually help the human players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d g
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since you take either damage or a morale hit when a civilian is destroyed, this could potentially add more chances for that to happen. However, it doesn't seem like DRADIS contacts happen that often, at least as a failure for the humans.

Good thoughts, though. I especially like the -1 jump prep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is -1 enough though? Maybe something like reset jump prep track altogether? or is that too good for the Cylons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Citizen Andrew
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
solclaim wrote:
My thoughts as well, Ripshawd. Would be nice if we can tweak them, though; I like the variety.

The titles might be interesting if we can rework them so there's a potential Cylon benefit or use.

Hardest part with adding any extra stuff is that BSGx is so tightly worked already, it's hard to add without really throwing things.

Anyone had any luck with new character cards yet? I am thinking of getting BSG Express but I think my group would really appreciate playing as some of their favourite characters (Chief, Gata, Dee, Billy, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.