Subject: Sorry... not interested rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
petercox1001 wrote:
The guy obviously just really, really likes Dune, and wanted the game to have a Dune theme, and is bummed that it isn't.

I can't understand why anyone cares enough to try and prove that he's 'wrong'.

Jeez-louise.

I don't think anyone is trying to "prove that he's wrong", not sure how anyone can prove an opinion wrong anyway.... just to say, Jesus Christ on a Pogo Stick, people need to get the fuck over this already! Whaaa Whaaa Whaaaa, NO DUNE!!!!! Curse Rex!

Here's my solution.

1. Buy Dune Property From Herbert Estate.
2. Buy Avalon Hill from Hasbro (I'd say "buy Hasbro" but I'm trying to stay realistic here).
3. Reprint Dune and roll around in a warehouse of Dune bits and boxes to your little heart's content.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Barring that, the AVALON HILL DUNE IS GONE! Deal with it. There is a game caller "Rex" now, that is loosely based on the AH Dune game, but that point is really just completely OFF the point. Pretend it's a new game and the AH Dune doesn't exist. Really, there are a bunch of Dune PnP options that can be easily had as well, which BTW until Rex was the only way to get a copy of a even a similar 'new AH Dune type game'... and even if there was NOT a Rex, it would STILL be the only way to get 'new AH Dune type game' - for the slow ones, that means that the AH Dune wasn't getting reprinted anyway - Rex really is nothing more than just the red herring target for you to sling your anger at over that FACT.

But, hey, continue to litter the Rex forums with utterly pathetic, fuitless, pointless, quixotic waxing and whining over the tragedy that it is "not Dune". Please do! I really mean it. It accomplishes SO much and we will all love you that much more for it and bond with you like a fellow victim of the horrible tragedy that has beset us all!

Or, you could just shut it and deal with it.

Either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Witcher wrote:
I hope that 'Comrade' pic and joke was somehow jumbled or poorly handled and not a statement of true ignorance ie. you are from the Czech Republic therefore you're a Communist! Jeeeezus!

I thought all eastern europeans were beet eating, freezing cold communist gypsies . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Witcher wrote:
And cabbage. Don't forget the cabbage.

I made stuffed cabbage for my Russian Class's food day, and no-one ate any!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Hromek
Czech Republic
Havirov
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off topic, but...I am from Czech, central Europe, not east;-) And we are allied with USA in NATO. We are not Communist! Communist destoyed our land and it will take many many years to repair our economy and our people´s morale. I hope that USA will be still strongest country on the World to protect smaller and week countries. In the end of WW2 we waited for US Army, but they stopped in Plzeň and waited Russian to conquer us. Yes, Soviet Union free us from Nazi, but they brought communism, sadly. Not democracy as US Army to west Europe. Communism isn´t our political system, it was imported from SSSR to us by force and it was ended in 1989.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo5181 wrote:
Off topic, but...I am from Czech, central Europe, not east;-) And we are allied with USA in NATO. We are not Communist! Communist destoyed our land and it will take many many years to repair our economy and our people´s morale. I hope that USA will be still strongest country on the World to protect smaller and week countries. In the end of WW2 we waited for US Army, but they stopped in Plzeň and waited Russian to conquer us. Yes, Soviet Union free us from Nazi, but they brought communism, sadly. Not democracy as US Army to west Europe. Communism isn´t our political system, it was importet from SSSR to us by force and it was ended in 1989.

If it helps, I'm an American who visited Prague a few years ago, and it was a fantastic, beautiful city with friendly people and amazing beer. It's unfortunate not enough people know about history beyond "Hitler was a meanie, go America". Most history classes in American high schools stop at, or just after, WWII, so a lot of people here are ignorant about that part of history.

On another topic, board games sure are fun, aren't they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.