Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerry Baygents
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The rules state that irrigations must be placed between land hexes. Am I allowed to place them on the outside edge/border, or do I have to place them literally between two hexes?

2. Are mirrored configurations allowed on the land-configuration cards? For example, my card is

..G
G Y
..Y

but the board is configured (or I configure as)

..Y
G Y
.G

It's technically different because if I rotate my card, the diamond is short and wide versus the tall and skinny board configuration.

3. If the "rain" action comes up on the die, can you choose to rain upon a 4-tall bamboo? We decided yes as you could rain upon a fertilized 3-tall bamboo with the same effect of not being able to place a bamboo piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerry, there is an FAQ that is almost as long as the rulebook, and probably worth a look.

http://www.jybe.ch/faq/takenoko_faq_eng.pdf

1. You cannot lay irrigation on the "outside" of the board. They have to go between hexes.

2. Mirror image land configurations are NOT allowed. You can rotate a card to match, but can't "flip" it.

3. I suppose you can rain on a 4 high plot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Baygents
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Can't believe it didn't occur to me to look there first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.