Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Christopher
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a question about how to use Sagas Mirror Ability.

I see that it can count as a "token" in order to fulfill effects. Can anybody give me an play example of how this would work and where the token goes after being used this way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Stevens
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, the only time that specific bit can come up is when you use Echo.

Echo copies an opponent's discarded style. If the style has effects that allow you to spend tokens, the mirror token counts as the right kind of token.

Examples include Gunner (Rukyuk), Eternal and Chrono (Luc), Illusory (Demitras), and everything Heketch has.

If the copied style "spends" tokens, then your Mirror is spent, same as if he spent/anted it normally, and is regained normally.

Note that you can TREAT it as another token. This matters for Demitras' Illusory. Your one Mirror token counts as one Crescendo token, and thus it triggers the effect that says "2 or less tokens"

One thing is that it counts as another token, but it doesn't DUPLICATE another token. Copying Geomantic (Hikaru) says you can ante an additional elemental token. You can use that effect to ante Mirror... but it won't do anything, because the token itself has no bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Perepelkin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And what about his unique ability? In the first part it says "Anteing this token causes Sagas and the opponent to both gain all bonuses and penalties to range, priority, and power that beat granted to either status effects, unique abilities, or tokens". I have general image of how this should work but can you give a few examples?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Stevens
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EASY VERSION:
Count up all bonuses or penalties to Range, Power and Priority that BOTH players have from anything EXCEPT the actual numbers on their cards
(Reveal effects on cards YES, but the basic + and - numbers do not)
Now give the same bonuses to both players.

EXAMPLES:
I'm Hikaru, you're Sagas
I ante Fire, you ante Mirror.
We BOTH get the +3 Power

I'm Demitras. You would get the same Priority or Power bonus I did from my Crescendo tokens.

I'm Cadenza. I played Battery next beat. Now I have a status effect that I have +4 priority this beat. You get it too.

Now for a tricky one.
I'm Hepzibah. Last beat, I played Anathema Strike. Now it's in my Discard 1.
This beat, I played something (doesn't matter). You played Echo Shot.

Your Echo copies my Anathema, and because you anted 1 token this turn (counting your Mirror token as a Dark Pact, for my style), it gives you +1 Priority and Power.

However, because you anted Mirror, it also gives ME the same +1 Priority and Power!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Perepelkin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks! And for the last one.
palmerkun wrote:
EASY VERSION:
Count up all bonuses or penalties to Range, Power and Priority that BOTH players have

Now it's pretty clear after your explanation but just to be sure. Anteing mirror token also reflects boosts from for Sagas to the opponent, too? For example, if ante Mirror on the next turn after echoing Battery will opponent recieve +priority?
UPD Checked the last example with Hepzi. It is exactly what I'm asked. Thanks for explanation
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leung Ching Man
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Also, I have some questions too.

1. When Saga ante mirror token and copy the ability of the opponent, will he remain his original style??

2. When he ante the token, doesn't the opponent get the style of Saga too??

3. Moreover, to Tatsumi & Juto, can opponent attack Juto?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Sagas maintains his style. He only gets stat bonuses (like Magdelina's levels or Cadenza's battery bonus). He doesn't get any of the benefits printed on their cards.

2) The opponent gets any bonuses Sagas had. For example, if Kallistar hit him with a Volcanic attack and gave him -2 Priority next turn, he could use mirror to force her to copy the same negative effect (and get her elemental boost as well).

3) The opponent cannot attack Juto directly. Whenever Tatsumi soaks damage by Juto's zone 0 or zone 1 effect, Juto loses the same amount of life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Stevens
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greenoliver wrote:
1. When Saga ante mirror token and copy the ability of the opponent, will he remain his original style??

Mirror token only copies NUMBERS, not abilities.
And it only copies numbers that are not the main 3 printed on the style card. If a card effect gives a bonus or penalty, it copies that, but does not copy the original "+1 Priority" on the upper part of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leung Ching Man
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Thank you for your both clear explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.