$10.00
kiwi grrl
msg tools
I have gone through all the rules questions on the forum and i could not find an answer to this question (please excuse me if i missed it).

If I devote to the arts and earn 3 culture tokens, can I immediately spend those or do I have to wait till my next turn. The rules say you can spend culture anytime during city management so I read this to mean I can earn and spend in the same phase. My playing partner doesn't like this much as it means I get cards faster. But I am adamant I can do it.

but what is the real rule.

thanks

kiwigrrl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Przybylski
Poland
Lodz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can!

Gain culture tokens by devoting city to the arts, and spend in the same phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes you can. Any time means any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you spend culture tokens if you don't devote to the arts? I know it says anytime, but it is under the action of devoting to the arts, so is it anytime you devote to the arts or can I do a build action and spend culture tokens I have another way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMJJS wrote:
Can you spend culture tokens if you don't devote to the arts? I know it says anytime, but it is under the action of devoting to the arts, so is it anytime you devote to the arts or can I do a build action and spend culture tokens I have another way?

Yes they are unconnected and it was poor rules formatting to put it under the devote section, but it has been confirmed by the designer it is ANY TIME during YOUR city management. I often will use a card, spend, get a new card, do a city action, spend again, use a resource ability, spend again, devote a city, spend again, etc. Just have to watch your card limit and when exceeded discard BEFORE playing any of the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moore
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can you move up the culture track more than once per turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoore032000 wrote:
Can you move up the culture track more than once per turn?

Yes. See my example above. Anytime during your city management phase means whenever, also there is no restriction on how many except for your ability to spend the appropriate trade/culture tokens or trigger some other game effect that advances you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.