Subject: When can you play action cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see a specific time in the rules so I'm guessing you can do it almost anytime before cards are revealed.

In my first game, we played where everyone set their cards and the a 3 count was done and they were flipped. Action cards had to be played before the cards were flipped. That seemed really wrong, but it's how we were taught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we've always played first come first serve. Anytime and all the time.

However, before revealing any set cards, everyone should allow a brief pause to allow for action cards.

Sometimes I'll even ask (anyone gonna stop me?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Matt. I know this seems like a very mundane question so I appreciate the helpful answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dulsky
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Things like Edge Out and Plan B need to be played before (AFFECTED) cards are flipped. We usually throw them at the person like a ninja star, but that's just flavor.

Other action cards are usually played immediately after a card is revealed things like Trip, Unintentional Strike, Tougher Than He Looks, Not So Fast.

Other Other action cards need to be played after, or as your about to take damage.

Most of the times the card says on it exactly when it needs to be played and what it affects. Curt was good like that =]

When in doubt RTFC =]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we were just taught poorly. Thank you for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Valencia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original post seems to suggest that you are all revealing your attack cards simultaneously, regardless of initiative. Surely this is incorrect? If you follow the rules and flip over your attacks one at a time, in initiative order, then check for monster death before moving on to the next card, there should be plenty of time to play an action card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player reveals their red attack on their turn (after a reasonable pause to allow for an Edge Out). They are not revealed simultaneously. Blue action cards can be played whenever as appropriate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.