Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game of this and the deciding factor in who won came down to which of us got the 4 action space.
If the other player had gotten it he would've been able to sell his last farm & play the his card to go bankrupt. But for a lack of actions he didn't even have the $ to be able to play his card.

I want to try allowing players to stack their pieces on the same ability space and any stacked pieces go last.

Doing this in a game like ours it would come down to $ in the end not chair order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Will: Plan Order Board could also help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bonnyaclyde wrote:
I just played my first game of this and the deciding factor in who won came down to which of us got the 4 action space.
If the other player had gotten it he would've been able to sell his last farm & play the his card to go bankrupt. But for a lack of actions he didn't even have the $ to be able to play his card.

I want to try allowing players to stack their pieces on the same ability space and any stacked pieces go last.

Doing this in a game like ours it would come down to $ in the end not chair order.

You may choose to do this if you wish. However, after the dozens of games I've played, I wouldnt recommend it. The '1 player per space' rule is designed so that you can not only take what you want, but deliberately mess up other players too.

The mini-expansion "Round Order board" might help you here if you are concerned about the player going first having an advantage too much, but without the mini-expansion, the turn order alternates, so averages out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
bonnyaclyde wrote:

You may choose to do this if you wish. However, after the dozens of games I've played, I wouldnt recommend it. The '1 player per space' rule is designed so that you can not only take what you want, but deliberately mess up other players too.

The mini-expansion "Round Order board" might help you here if you are concerned about the player going first having an advantage too much, but without the mini-expansion, the turn order alternates, so averages out.

I can agree that stacking every ability could be problematic. So just take one middle 3 action space and allow stacking on it to balance the game so the last player in the last round does not loose by default.

As in our game the player who chose last took last place because everyone needed actions and little else. I won but if I had chose last I would have placed last, not first. If I had chosen 4th I would still have won but if I had chosen last I would have lost. To me that is not balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
The Hellfish Bonanza!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
In 30-40 games I've played, I have never seen it come down to the last planning round determining all of the final rankings. There is sufficient variety in helper cards and the Hectic Day cards that everyone should have bonus actions and such.

You should know from Round 1 what your turn order in the final round will be; if you fail to account for that, that sounds like a strategic error rather than a game defect to me.

I would not rush to change the game after one play; I assure you that you are addressing a problem that isn't there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Loader
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that this is not an issue. I imagined it.
But please excuse me when I play accordingly. And if anyone else is interested they are delusional as well.
But that is our problem not yours.

Beleive me I appreciate you telling me that it can't happen or will only happen to stupid gamers and I shouldn't try my variant, thank you.

and have a NICE DAY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If everyone is playing such that they need lots of actions (from the planning board) for the last round, someone is playing poorly.

There are things which cost more actions, and things which cost less (e.g. companions). Balancing that is the point of the game. If you know that you need lots of actions but you are going last in the final round, do some of those actions in the round before, when you were going first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.