Mausgeflippt» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Will you love mausgeflippt as much as I do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eveline Mat
Belgium
flag msg tools
Why am I writing this?
This is the first review i’ve written for the bgg community. Most of the games I own already have plenty of reviews written for them. But the information in bgg about this game is just too scarce, while in my opinion it is a great game. And I find it my responsibility to share my enthousiasm for this game.

What it this game about?

This game is all about being the first to match the pieces of clothes and decorations in your hand to the mouse that is flipped over on the table.
If you’re sure you have no matches, you can also win by shouting ‘mausgeflippt’ (mouse turned over). But beware, because if you match the cheese on the mouse’s card, you have to take the cheese and you lose 2 points.

Is this a fun game?
I’ve tried this game with different groups of friends, and each time everyone has been really enthusiastic. Of course this is not a game for the die-hard geeks that want to play Puerto rico and the like, but if you have some friends over and are looking for a good time, this is the game to choose. It is also a good game when everyone’s a bit tipsy, but don’t leave the glasses on the table!

Why is this game different/better than other games alike?
- it plays well with 3 up to even 7 players (box says 6 max)
- No-one gets hurt, like can happen in jungle speed. There is little discussion on who came first.
- It is really easy to explain, even more easy than jungle speed (yes I have had times where people didn’t completely understand). There is also no discussion about the interpretation of the rules (yes I’ve also had that with jungle speed).
- No one gets left out. In Jungle speed for example, some groups play on even after the first player(s) are out. Also, if you have a huge pile of cards, you might get discouraged in jungle speed. Mausgeflippt will often keep you excited until the very end, because at every time, you still have the feeling you could win.
- the artwork is magnificent and surprising, although one time some friends complained that they couldn’t see the decorations like the bracelets or the grey shoes.
- it doesn’t take long to play the game en playtime is invariable thus predictable, you use up all of the mouses and the game ends.
- Everybody seems to like it, even those that really aren’t that good at it.

Is this game for you?
Yes! If you:
- Like to have lots of fun and laughter
- Have a group of friends over that are not too serious about strategic gaming
- Like a quick and short game with not much explaining to do
- Have good eyes and are not colourblind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.