Subject: What's your solo game high score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Z
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I scored 536 on my first try and steadily improved my score over the next five games, but it seems I've reached a peak. My current high scores are:

Ireland: 673
France: 644

Has anybody topped 700?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Sauer
United States
Willow Street
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
270 317 here... but I'm not sure I got I think I have all of the rules right.

Jeremy, how long are your games running -- on average?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Z
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aaxiom wrote:
270 here... but I'm not sure I got all of the rules right.

Jeremy, how long are your games running -- on average?

My first few games took about two hours each as I had to plot out different strategies. Now I can finish a game in about an hour or so.

There are 32 turns per game for a total of 64 actions (plus five if you use the neutral player's prior during each settlement phase).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My highest score has been 803 in Ireland but haven't tried France yet. I'm curious as to why you say there is only 32 turns? The solo rules say to follow the rules for the 2 player game, which says there is no set game end. Play continues until all the D buildings are in play and only 3 are left on the display(1 if playing the long game).

Maybe I'm not reading the rules correctly, idk. Uwe puts out some great games, but the rule books included with them are not written very well IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max H-B
Denmark
flag msg tools
Sage345 wrote:
My highest score has been 803 in Ireland but haven't tried France yet. I'm curious as to why you say there is only 32 turns? The solo rules say to follow the rules for the 2 player game, which says there is no set game end. Play continues until all the D buildings are in play and only 3 are left on the display(1 if playing the long game).

Maybe I'm not reading the rules correctly, idk. Uwe puts out some great games, but the rule books included with them are not written very well IMO.

The solo player has an E settlement phase meaning the dummy player will end the game in the 32nd round.

Note that the round sequence is abit different in this phase as mentioned in the main rules (page 8, last part of the solo player rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xu xinhao
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sage345 wrote:

The settlement phase E will end the game....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asgeir Jonsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
568 is my high score in Ireland variant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.