Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
A Fantasy Game of Deckbuilding, Combat and Survival

Shadow Days is a new and exciting fantasy deckbuilding, combat and survival game from Black Tea Studios. It is easy to learn, simple to setup and most importantly, fun. Battle your opponent using creatures and powerful objects, while enduring fateful events. Earn gold to purchase mighty heroes and protective strongholds. It will take brawn, brains, gold, and a little luck to survive! Shadow Days is a must-have for any fantasy gamer.

http://kck.st/AnVjGC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pledge levels are horrible to read as there is no punctuation, and unfortunately you can't edit them.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
batcut wrote:
The pledge levels are horrible to read as there is no punctuation, and unfortunately you can't edit them.

Good luck.

That's Kickstarter, unfortunately. There is punctuation. However, they don't allow lists in the rewards section. It would make things much cleaner.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks very interesting and I'll back it for now, but the rules are not at all clear to me: for example, I can only have 5 cards in front of me, so where do the cards I buy with my gold go? I really think a video of a couple example turns would help quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tell me that the final cards will have rounded corners... And if that is the case, you may want to amend your images to make that clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Asmor wrote:
Please tell me that the final cards will have rounded corners... And if that is the case, you may want to amend your images to make that clear.

Yes, the final cards will have rounded corners. We'll make a note of that, in case anyone else is wondering. You're the first person to mention it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
This looks very interesting and I'll back it for now, but the rules are not at all clear to me: for example, I can only have 5 cards in front of me, so where do the cards I buy with my gold go? I really think a video of a couple example turns would help quite a bit.

Actually, looking through the rules, I don't understand where deck-building comes into play at all. It seems I have 5 cards in front of me, and new cards come from the Pool Deck which contains creatures, objects, and events. But that is a shared deck, correct? I don't see any reference to my own deck, any reference to shuffling, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Fischer
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pie Factory Designer
badge
Co-founder of Nevermore Games. Follow me on Twitter @bryanfischer
mbmbmbmbmb
A 60 day campaign?

I hope this goes well for them. The 90 day maximum length was shortened by Kickstarter to 60 day because of a low success rate (24%). A little research will show you that the shorter the campaign, the better it does. 30 days is recommended by Kickstarter.

Good luck guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
kirkbauer wrote:

Correct, you can only have five cards in front of you. However, one of those cards can be a Stronghold. A Stronghold can contain up to three cards. Think of it as a container. Any cards within that Stronghold are protected and must be moved out of the Stronghold in order to be played. So, with a Stronghold being one of your five active cards, you can have a total of eight cards.

The Regroup Phase is used to purchase Objects, Heroes or Strongholds. If you have the maximum number of cards allowed, you simply wait until one of your cards is destroyed OR you can remove a card (-10 Life Point penalty).

Please take a look at the in-depth rules at blackteastudios.com. There is also a card layout here http://www.blackteastudios.com/shadowdays/card-layout/

We will be posting additional videos.

Thanks for your support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Bryan Fischer wrote:
A 60 day campaign?

I hope this goes well for them. The 90 day maximum length was shortened by Kickstarter to 60 day because of a low success rate (24%). A little research will show you that the shorter the campaign, the better it does. 30 days is recommended by Kickstarter.

Good luck guys!

Been there. Done that. A 60 day campaign gives us and you more time to spread the word.

Thanks for your support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blackteastudios wrote:

Please take a look at the in-depth rules at blackteastudios.com. There is also a card layout here http://www.blackteastudios.com/shadowdays/card-layout/

Thank you for your response. I do question whether this is a deck-building game, however. I think a basic premise of a deck-building game is that you buy cards which go into your own discard pile which is later re-shuffled into your own draw pile. Perhaps I'm being pedantic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
kirkbauer wrote:
blackteastudios wrote:

Thank you for your response. I do question whether this is a deck-building game, however. I think a basic premise of a deck-building game is that you buy cards which go into your own discard pile which is later re-shuffled into your own draw pile. Perhaps I'm being pedantic...

Shadow Days offers "lite" versions of deckbuilding, combat and survival mechanics. It focuses on what makes each one special. It does this without taking any one mechanic too seriously. This makes for a fun experience! As mentioned in the summary, it's like Magic The Gathering (and a few other titles) for the rest of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
For those interested in the rules...

This is a beta version of the rules. Therefore, some content may change slightly before the official release. This document is meant to give you a general overview and feel for the game.

http://www.blackteastudios.com/shadowdays/rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Gowe
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
Game looks great guys! I've made my pledge!

I really hope this comes to fruition, as I'd love to get a chance to play Shadow Days! Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackteastudios wrote:

Shadow Days offers "lite" versions of deckbuilding, combat and survival mechanics. It focuses on what makes each one special. It does this without taking any one mechanic too seriously. This makes for a fun experience! As mentioned in the summary, it's like Magic The Gathering (and a few other titles) for the rest of us.

Can you explain how the deckbuilding works? I looked at the rules document, and I don't see anything that could be interpreted as a deckbuilding mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
TrevorGowe wrote:
Game looks great guys! I've made my pledge!

I really hope this comes to fruition, as I'd love to get a chance to play Shadow Days! Good luck!

Thanks for your support!!! We'd love for you to play it, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Zaphod wrote:
blackteastudios wrote:

Can you explain how the deckbuilding works? I looked at the rules document, and I don't see anything that could be interpreted as a deckbuilding mechanic.

Hi Jesse,

As I mentioned, Shadow Days offers small doses of several mechanics. The deckbuilding mechanic mostly relates to the use of Strongholds. Strongholds allow a player to purchase and keep certain cards in their deck/hand. During the Regroup Phase, players can choose to keep their cards as they are, move them or discard them during the Regroup Phase. Additionally, cards may be purchased to increase the power of your deck/hand. This is a chance to remove the weaker cards and hold on to the stronger ones.

Next, we see the effect of the Combat and Survival mechanics. Players fight and use strategy to inflict damage, but also keep the valuable cards they have purchased. Players can lose cards they have added to their decks, IF they are outside of a Stronghold.

So, this is a different type of deckbuilding. It is on a much smaller scale and with quite a bit of risk. We chose to stick with familiar terms, instead of creating a completely new term and causing confusing and lots of questions. Maybe we could have gone with something like "Shadow Days - A Fantasy Game of Draftacombatodecksurvival".

Shadow Days is a fun, casual game. It has a "grown-up", professional look and it takes the cool elements of other genres without the complicated depth, stats and rules.

I do hope you try it out.

Thanks for your great question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to playing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, replace the point markers with some mats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Castef wrote:
Please, replace the point markers with some mats.

The mats will most likely be a stretch goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Schulteis
United States
Bourbonnais
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 copy = $25
2 copies = $55

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
thechairman wrote:
1 copy = $25
2 copies = $55

That's a mistake. It should include a t-shirt. Thanks for pointing it out. Some things end up falling through the cracks now and then. It will be corrected.

Thanks!!!!!

blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
New Rewards!

Alternate Score Cards
Starting at $35, backers will receive four full color postcards, each with two Cutout Score Cards featuring alternate artwork. These are special limited edition cards. They will be printed on heavy, matte card stock. They will never go to manufacturing, nor be included in any Shadow Days sets.

Standard Score Cards

Alternate Score Cards

Nardial the Infector Villain Card
Starting at $45, backers will receive the Alternate Score Cards and a Limited Edition Nardial the Infector Villain card. Like the Alternate Score Cards, this card will not be included in any future Shadow Days sets.

If you haven't backed Shadow Days yet, please visit http://kck.st/AnVjGC today and pledge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Card Preview X

Card Background
Blacking Bees are known to inhabit the Turemraktorian Jungles. They have an average size of one foot in length. Unlike their distant relatives, the Blacking Bees only fly short distances. Their stingers are located in two locations. The first location is the upper-back -- not far from the head. The second location is at the end of the abdomen. The number of stingers in this location can vary from two to eight. A sting from this creature causes immediate blindness. Once the victim has been blinded, the bee can sting mercilessly.

This is one of the few cards that features a bonus that can cause an opponent to lose a turn. With 45 AP, the Blacking Bee may not be a giant slayer, but it can get you a little more of an edge.

Card Background
As long as there are objects of desire, there will be thieves. For those who travel to the deeper parts of the forests, it is not uncommon to witness a festival of this kind.

Yup, another Event Card you don't want to pick. However, there is another side to this -- if your opponent is about to make a purchase you will regret, this card may be just what you need.

Card Background
Hanna the Healer became known throughout the lands, shortly after the Dark Plague. She brought magical healing to the sick and the cursed. Prince Okali later appointed her as the Royal Healer.

This card automatically gives you 5 precious Life Points -- every turn. A good option when your LP is running low!

Have you pledged for your copy of Shadow Days? Visit Kickstarter and check out the great rewards. There are also exciting stretch goals on the way! http://kck.st/AnVjGC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Murray
United States
HIghland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Card Preview XI

Card Background
Garedol was awakened by screams and sounds of deep sorrow. It was the morning after a bright, full moon. The carnage outside went far beyond the livestock. This time — it was a family. They must have been from out of town. Otherwise, they would have known not to travel on such a night. Three children, the mother and father. Somehow, one of the children managed to survive the attack. However, she was left with a seemingly fatal wound. Of course, the good people of the town took her in. Everyone marveled at how quickly she recovered. They questioned how this was even possible. Unbeknownst to them, the night of the next full moon, their questions would be answered!

This card has a higher than average matched HP and AP. The Full Moon Bonus brings the total AP to 90. For an even deadlier card, equip this Creature with a powerful Object.

Card Background
Ice Toads can be found in large numbers around the mountains of Uloni. They blend in easily with the light blue rock and stone terrain. The people of Uloni have specific techniques in finding and capturing the toads. They are sold for their unusual and deadly “cold poison”. Their eyes are considered a delicacy and are used in various Uloni soups and curries. The eyes of an Ice Toad are not poisonous. However, they do have a mildly psychoactive effect when consumed.

This card has a low AP. But at the same time, it is one of the rare cards that can directly target another player’s LP.

Card Background
The cornerstone of The Church of Ardird was laid during the Second Great Reconstruction. Work continued during the Formation of United Lands. King Darion and Queen Dayltia oversaw the construction, until their deaths. Years later, the church was badly damaged and almost destroyed during the Battle of Giants. It was finally completed under the careful watch of Queen Leedina. The interior is exquisite. Only the finest stone and metals were used throughout. The church stands over the vast Tombs of Saints and Heroes. It is said that the tombs extend for miles beneath the structure and also contain many enchanted items and relics.

Use this card to protect your toughest Humanoids. When the time is right, bring them out to deal damage to your opponent.

gooStill on the fence? Get off! Visit our Kickstarter page and pledge today. http://kck.st/AnVjGC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.