Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I now have my game but sadly four cards are either totally mangled or not got any ink on other than a smudge so I don't even know what it is meant to be ...

My boards were stuck together and are sticky on the inked back several cave tiles unpunched no big deal I own a scalpel

But the cards is there a list available so I can work out what the damaged misprinted ones are ?

I know this game was a labour of love I guess I just got a dud copy ...

But with the card errata, damaged unreadable cards , sticky baords and uncut tiles I am so annoyed and dissapointed I don't want this game any more so if any one in UK wants a copy I will sell it for what I paid it for and they will need to spend the time trying to work out the damaged cards and ask the publisher to replace them ...

Just PM if u are interested

Ric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
uh, thats hard stuff, but i think it should be no problem to replace the pieces?! can u tell me if the damaged cards are all out of one deck? or from various, i would really like to write you a list of all the cards, because i simply love the game, and i think everyone should give it at least a try; ask th publisher for replacement the damaged ones.

and i will really help u to find the right cards to replace.

i had also 2 tiles not that good cut, but i did not mind it. and everything else was in a good shape
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

I have now returned my copy of the game back to baordgameguru ( thx Paul best constomer service as normal)

I am sure I just had a dud copy but I will be passing on a second purchase of this game

I hope no one else has a similar experience with this labour of love

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin

Thx for your really kind offer but there were too many other issues sticky ink on tile backs etc so I have returned the game

But thanks for your really generous offer

ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary R
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a recent purchase for me as well. My copy had one missing card from the Summon deck so I contacted Emperors of Eternal Evil (EEE) and they helped me out with it in a very FAST and professional manner. Needless to say, I was very pleased with their customer service.

If I have any criticisms about my purchase of Cave Evil, it is that I really wish that EEE wouldn’t have spayed that stuff on the back of the Excavation Tiles. I hate it! In fact, I literally spent days carefully rubbing/cleaning that junk off all my tiles (if you rub on it with your fingers it kind of rolls up and comes off like rubber cement). And while I appreciate that they were trying to remedy the "sliding" issue by spraying the backs of the tiles (they do slide around more without it), when you consider how easily it comes off, it doesn’t really seem like that great of a solution after all -- not for the long-term anyways. (And if it contributed to Kenrick's tile sheets sticking together then that sucks!)

Who knows though, maybe I’m just being overly picky (but hey, I thought everything else about the components was fine). What I do know is that I don’t want to deter anyone from purchasing what I feel is an amazing game! I actually got this and Wiz-War (which I wanted forever) about the same time and Cave Evil has easily seen more table time. I definitely wish Nathan and the rest of the EEE crew the best of luck with it and any future endeavors. And please give us an expansion soon (sans spray)!!!

HAILS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very sorry Ric.

As with any customer service, we could have replaced your worrisome copy.

Opening a box should be a magical experience NOT an experience of grief.

We totally failed here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Horace Silver: The Cape Verdean Blues || Horace Parlan: Happy Frame of Mind || Dexter Gordon: Doin' Allright || Hank Mobley: Roll Call
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonblaster wrote:
Very sorry Ric.

As with any customer service, we could have replaced your worrisome copy.

Opening a box should be a magical experience NOT an experience of grief.

We totally failed here.

I don't think you failed. It's an imperfect world. So long as you were ready to make it right, and it's clear that you were, you're good in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary R
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
I don't think you failed. It's an imperfect world. So long as you were ready to make it right, and it's clear that you were, you're good in my book.

Totally agree!

And while I do sympathize with the OP to some extent, unfortunately manufacturing issues like missing/damaged components are going to happen from time to time (I’ve dealt with my fair share).

Still though, any company that is willing to back their product and help their customers when something goes wrong (something EEE are clearly willing to do) deserves to be commended and supported in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we failed with this dud copy. Some things can be foreseen, and our failures on our part.

The rubber spray applied is an example of industrial design failure on our part. We aimed to try to create friction between tile a map the entire time, we even had a test run of maps printed on a coarse paper (akin to newsprint) the blacks were so bad on this paper we ended up going for the maps you have, entirely for image purposes over the need for friction.

It was a gamble that did not work. When we got the die cut pieces long after the maps, it was too slippery for us and the money had been spent. Anyways the rubber was applied and strongly curb the sliding nature, but the texture can sour people understandably.

If we ever do reprints, we will attempt to conquer this dilemma as best we can.

I actually like the maps over a mounted board, perhaps it's the wargamer in me, it also allows us to create packs of just different areas of the under-realm.

Other things we can foresee our box contents, like bad printing on any material. In this process, we can overlook content quality at times.

As for the insides of decks and whether all die cut pieces are pop-able it's just unforeseen to us. All we can do is send out new ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Smith
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends and I started to design a bg a while back and petered out after the first prototype. We're all university graduate students in graduate/professional study or professors, so we're busy. But taking a game so far, and still caring as the designer to provide proper customer service--seems to me to be part of what being a good designer is all about.

So on the one hand you failed, but on the other, you succeeded massively.

Thanks for giving a s#*t!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well just for a balanced perspective my copy came in perfect shape. I do see the OP's frustration but am sad that he will be missing a great game.

I did not notice any missing cards in my set, but I did notice that I was missing the limited edition metal necromancer miniatures and the life size plush Horny Old Goat. I would gladly pay shipping to replace those parts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary R
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm missing that LE stuff too

I actually picked up a few Dulkathar, Necromancers (Reaper Miniatures 03571) to make due for the time being.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.