Fairy Tale (fan expansion for Dominion)» Forums » General

Subject: Storybook question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clem Byard
Australia
flag msg tools
Not sure I follow this card....

Taking any number of Victory cards and putting them under this card makes it sound like the card is going to have some sort of duration effect, but nothing of this type is mentioned.

Is the effect of the card basically just +1 money for each Victory card you have in play or in your hand? If so why bother with the put the cards under the Storybook part of the effect...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that you can only Storybook (use) each Victory card once. The wording is intended to clarify this since you cannot put the same Victory card underneath two different Storybooks.

For example: if you have 1 victory card and 2 storybooks in your hand you can play these cards for $3 (i.e. play the first Storybook with a victory card underneath it for $2 and the second Storybook with no victory cards underneath it for $1)

If the wording said "Storybook is worth $1 extra for every Victory card in your hand" then you could have played these three cards for $4, which is not the intention.

This is my interpretation of the rules not an official explanation (I was not involved in the Fairytale deck design but do like the revised Storybook card).

I hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Byard
Australia
flag msg tools
Aaaah.... that makes a crude sort of sense....

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Stewart
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Christian's got it in one. During testing before that wording, people were using victory cards for multiple storybooks which I felt made it too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watson
msg tools
Thanks for the clarification. I had the exact same question! I'm currently getting this set ready to play and I'm excited to try it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.