Subject: Ranking games using the Board Game Geek ranking system rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Hyman
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would I submit my vote towards a game's ranking? I keep trying to figure it out but can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
mb
If the game is already in your collection, you can click in the User Rating column and set it there.

Otherwise, on the game page go down to User Information, click Record Information and click in the Rating box to set it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
The Quick Way
Type the game's name (or part of its name) into the Search box at the top of the page, then press Go. You'll be shown a list of games whose names match your search.

Find the game you want in that list. On that game's line, click in the column labeled "Your Rating".

You'll be shown a little window where you can enter your rating as a number between 1 (I hate hate hate this game) to 10 (this is the best freakin' game ever). Click the Save button and you're done.

The Complete Way
Go to the game's page. (Click on the game's name in the search results, or use any other link to the page.)

On the game's page, scroll down to the section titled "User Information". If there is a plus sign in the small box just to the left of the "User Information" label, that means that this section is closed (hidden). Click the plus sign to open (reveal) that section.

Now just under the "User Information" line, you should see a line with a couple of links on it. If one of them says "Record Information", click it: this will reveal a form with a number of kinds of info. If there is no "Record Information" link, then the form is already revealed.

The form lets you enter all kinds of personal information about that game: your rating, your comments (which are public) and private info (just like comments but not public), whether you own the game, how much you want to own the game, and so on. Fill in whatever you like, and you can just leave the rest blank.

You can come back and add more information or change your rating etc. at any time.

Your Collection
Every game that you rate or for which you have filled in personal info will be added to your "collection". (Note this does not necessarily mean that you own the game, just that you're interested in it.) Now you can go to your collection (select "Collection" under "My Geek" at the top of any page) and see a list of every game in your collection. You can add or change your rating and some of your other personal information right there, or click the game's name to return to its page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Hyman
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.